The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver set to break 60-year-old sunshine record

Grapefruits

There was some rain in False Creek a couple of Tuesday's ago.

There was barely a cloud in the sky but around 11 o'clock there was a sudden and heavy rainfall for about 10 minutes. It probably didn't happen at the airport so it wasn't recorded but I'm sure the plants appreciated it.

Still, I'll take a summer like this anytime. We've been overdue for a cleaning of the Cleveland dam.

I'm confident the technology to control weather is much better than the public is aware considering it has been worked on by the superpowers for over 50 years.

Heck, the Russians have even offered it for sale to other countries, I think. When Indonesia had their uncontrolled wildfires, and subsequent choking polluted air quality, the Russians offered to make it rain to put out the fires. Rumoured price tag was $1.0 B. The Indonesians declined.

Left for work yesterday wearing flip flops, shorts and a tshirt with a light sweater in my bag. It was POURING rain downtown last night when i got off of work. I work on Robson St and and the short walk to Burrard Skytrain... I was drenched ... Literally dripping wet. When I got to Surrey, it was dry... So sign of rain at all!

Archived