The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Jordan Schroeder

I don't know that he was "great" but I wouldn't say he looked out of place, I really hope he is physically capable of starting this season as the 3C but might benifit from playing the wing if his shoulder isn't 100% ready.

If he doesn't have 20 points by trade deadline this season I see him being packaged with a pick and/or prospect. That being said I hope he has a fantastic season, he has done everything expected of him up to this point as far as development.

If he can put upt 30+ points he's a very good value at 600K. Even if he puts up 10 and 10 for 20 points he's still a good value because of his cap hit. Point being, he's worth more to the Canucks at his cap hit than a player who MAY put up more points for a bigger cap hit.

Size is not an issue, and Schroeder is now the only guy with speed on this team apart from Hansen. Kesler and Booth are fast, but not much faster than the leave average, whereas Raymond, Hansen and Schroeder are well above that. Now we're left with Hansen as our only true speedster, so Schroeder brings that unique element to our team.

Schroeder will probably out-play all our prospects during training camp. He's got NHL experience and has proven himself. Don't be surprised if we see this to start next season:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Higgins

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen (Booth is the sniper, Schroeder the playmaker, Hansen the net presence - all are fast skaters)

Weise - Richardson - Santorelli

Archived