The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How about some happy news for once :)

Well it likely has to do with the fact that gays and lesbians have been targets of bullying and harassment so it's a showing of unity and support. It's about empowerment and celebration that sends a message that it's ok to walk through the streets and be happy.

Strength in numbers, and it's a chance for the community to rally around people in raising awareness about tolerance and acceptance. And yes, that happens with other groups as well.

Well it likely has to do with the fact that gays and lesbians have been targets of bullying and harassment so it's a showing of unity and support. It's about empowerment and celebration that sends a message that it's ok to walk through the streets and be happy.

Strength in numbers, and it's a chance for the community to rally around people in raising awareness about tolerance and acceptance. And yes, that happens with other groups as well.

This is all ridiculous... if white people wanted a white person parade, there would be wars, same if black people wanted it. If someone wanted a Christian parade there would be an uproar again, same as atheist. They should ban parades!

I've worked with over 30 gays and lesbians and loved most of them. I'm pro gay but I admit that the parade is counterproductive. I feel like they are making a mockery of themselves and alienating themselves further from those who disagree with their sexuality.

Not every gay guy dresses in speedos and is hypersexualized. The perception that some ignorant people get from watching this parade is that yes, all of them are like that. I know I'd never take my dad to one. I'd also never take him to a lingerie show.

This is all ridiculous... if white people wanted a white person parade, there would be wars, same if black people wanted it. If someone wanted a Christian parade there would be an uproar again, same as atheist. They should ban parades!

why are you getting all defensive? I didn't even make a threatening statement and yet you choose to respond like this.

There isn't a certain way you're supposed to speak but there is a gay accent where if you hear someone talk like that, you know automatically that they are gay.

If you don't know that there are certain ways to dress, you need to get your brain checked. it's common sense you don't wear revealing clothes in church, clothes with foul images in family friendly events, etc...

If this was all it was about I'd support it more. The reality is it's a meet and greet and party, I see very little political/human rights side of things, it seems to be more about hooking up than making a statement. Sorry if I sound cynical, but when I see politicians go to these events, its a photo op, more than a statement of tolerance. I also think money painting a sidewalk could be better spent on homeless shelters that help everyone, and money spent on people with mental illness, or drug issues to help them get their lives back together.

Hahahahahaha this is the most contradictory statement I have ever seen in my life hahahahahaha

cause all Christians don't know anything about human rights!!

Hahaha priceless, you are a Jester!

Just because I don't understand the intended message of a over the top sexually explicit float with 10 oiled up master and slaves dancing In front of seniors and children doesn't mean I don't understand human rights. It just means I don't understand the parade.

Glad you liked my response so much!

What it means is that you don't understand the parade has to do with celebrating the right to be human;)

If you would like to understand a little better, check out Buddhas Hand response above.

*I just love it when a generalized statement, such as my original one, is used as a way to specifically generalize a certain group (such as strict believers), and then some people basically respond with, "not ALL Christians!" Thanks, Tips. I know there are some Christian lites (I know some personally) out there who have some basic knowledge about issues of human rights and aren't offended by LBGT's flamboyant celebrations... once a year.*

Man, Christians really have a hard time with contextual reading comprehension and controlling their emotional responses :P

Archived