The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] Pavelski with Sharks

If we have the cap space then absolutely. But since we already have Schroeder, Gaunce, and Horvat I would rather have them in the line up than Thornton. Plus Marleau would fill more of a need we have, having him and Daniel would give us two first line snipers which I'm sure we haven't had in a long time.

Marleau - Thornton - Kesler

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Gaunce - Horvat - Jensen

Higgins - Lain - Hansen

If we do sign Marleau and Thornton that is a Stanley Cup contending, maybe even a Cup winning top six. One can dream right?

Well I'd only take Thornton (next year) on a short term - 1 or 2 year deal to allow Guance, Horvat, Shinkaruk etc a year in the AHL. But I doubt he would take a short term deal looking to land a last big pay day with security.

With Green as the headcoach & potentially being really solid with young guys giving those 3 a season under him would / should help them get used to the high level of play and being used in key situations. Then Jensen can move up next year after being utilized as a top 6 player in a variety of offensive roles as I think a full season in the AHL will help him immensely.

Schroeder can be used as a 3rd line / 2nd line player this year and perhaps Corrado in a bottom 6 pairing (unless they nab Fistric & Alberts on cheaper deals) or used as a top OFD in Utica.

I think now is the time the Canucks should really try and utilize the full control they have down in Utica.

As for Pavelski its a pretty fair deal, with the cap most likely going up next year and some players leaving as UFAs (I see them retaining 1 of Marleau / Thornton, is Havlat a UFA at seasons end as well?) they won't be to tight against the cap.

Do you guys realize that the Canucks probably dislike both Thornton (nobody remember his embellishments/dives in the past?) and Marleau and vice versa? Why would they sign Selanne/Kariya contracts here, of all places?

Luongo would have to do a lot of sweet talking.

Joe is leaving town. Pavelski, Couture as their 1 and 2 Cs. Marleau, Havlat, Burns, Kennedy, as their wingers. Pretty decent top 6 other than the fact that Kennedy is in it, but if he pulls up a good couple of seasons and gets better they could be a dangerous team.

Good signing, great term.

Archived