The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Circus that is the Vancouver Canucks.

Bite me Burr

LOL u kids have only seen the good days..... ur spoiled

The canucks are finally a premier nhl franchise

thank u

to Gillis and the owners

I agree. This is the most successful run this team has ever had. Dedicated and local ownership and smart, thorough and patient management have a LOT to do with that.

I rest my case.How can I hope to be remotely correct when Deb and TO have a combined post count of 47,000 +? Must be experts in the correct way to manage teams with all of that experience.

As for the way people present arguments, sometimes its the only way to grab folks attention. Banning people because it hurts your feelings just shows your weakness.

I have been on this site from 1998 and have seen the mods come and go, so nothing suprises me here.

Someones pretty high on their own opinion.

I rest my case.How can I hope to be remotely correct when Deb and TO have a combined post count of 47,000 +? Must be experts in the correct way to manage teams with all of that experience.

As for the way people present arguments, sometimes its the only way to grab folks attention. Banning people because it hurts your feelings just shows your weakness.

I have been on this site from 1998 and have seen the mods come and go, so nothing suprises me here.

Nothing, at all, to do with "experts" or post count. Grabbing folks attention shouldn't be the goal...it's presenting your thoughts and discussing the topics at hand. No one was banned over hurt feelings - they were banned for personal attacks which are against the rules. So I suggest you focus on the topic and not what you decipher as people's weaknesses. Just as post count is irrelevant, so is sign up date...it's about content, not status.

LOL u kids have only seen the good days..... ur spoiled

The canucks are finally a premier nhl franchise

thank u

to Gillis and the owners

^ Exactly. After having toughed it out in the past, this team's been an absolute joy to support.

I find that people who bring up post counts are also people that come up with some pretty weak arguments.

The goaltending issue is overblown, of course. We traded Cory for a good asset. The Luongo era has been our best-goaltended era by far. We still have him and some decent goaltending prospects. It's funny how we nitpick every aspect with goaltending in this town now when historically the Canucks have had fairly crappy goaltending.

The Luongo captaincy issue is irrelevant now and overblown then, but the choice was who at the time? We tend to focus on who wears a C. Does it matter in the end? Little, if anything.

The 3rd line center with size issue was addressed when Gillis signed Manny Malhotra. Did you forget that? Yes, we still miss him now. Eye injury. Did you forget that? Being around since 1998, you should know this.

The NTC issue isn't as significant as a cap decline issue, but since Ken Holland, super genius GM, writes up 9 NTC's, Bowman writes up 9 as well, and Chia writes up 11 for Boston, then what the hell is the issue with ours? It's about player performance, not NTC.

Yes, we can be better, but the 'circus' argument of this era is vastly flawed. Jesus, imagine the bs flying around here if this era was legitimately bad...

It's not a circus it's media trying to stuff crap down our throats and try to create something out of nothing

Everything that is written has to adhere within a legal realm or the publisher is bound and at risk.

On the reverse side,management work their sources to deflect and create their own impressions.

It will never change because that is the game within the game.

Everything that is written has to adhere within a legal realm or the publisher is bound and at risk.

On the reverse side,management work their sources to deflect and create their own impressions.

It will never change because that is the game within the game.

I believe in an editorial or opinion piece the legal realm opens up quite a bit.

So now we see the "real" circus here...it ain't the Canucks players or management, it's the media, the fans and in particular CDC. This is a place for fans to come and express opinions and also to present facts to counter-argue people's opinions etc etc. Often times it descends into a name-calling ritual, and I think for the most part Deb sounds like she has had enough of it. You cite the fact that a high post count has nothing to do with the qualifications to post opinion as fact (which is true) but then you sneakily add in the fact that you have been here since '98. Same point no? This circus called CDC is full of hypocrites. I too always TRY to take the high road but at times end up descending into the childish abyss myself. <attempted ENTER> So if you don't buy into the high post count (notice mine is relatively low by comparison), then how about real world experience. As a player, AGM, Head coach and team owner (obviously at different times throughout my career) and even as a one-time player agent (helped negotiate a deal for a young Italian-Canadian Goalie to play in Italy's top league) maybe my opinion might hold more value then (if that's what you truly respect as opposed to simply trying to make a weak point)? So my "opinion" (although backed up by many facts) is that this is the greatest era to be a Canucks fan. GMMG has done an exceptional job considering the circumstances...as for CS...he traded a 26th pick O/A for a 9th in a deep draft...not too bad at all...and still ended up on the otherside with a premiere (if not elite) goalie who will probably start for Team Canada at the next Olympics (you know, the guy that won Gold the last time out).

Interesting strategy.

Go on the attack, call people names and preemptively play the victim if you get called on it.

It doesn't work at all, but it's interesting...

I believe in an editorial or opinion piece the legal realm opens up quite a bit.

Fair comment: While aspects of the law of defamation vary substantially from one province to

the next, it is often stated that four elements must be present for a report to be deemed fair comment.

First, the comment must be on a matter of public interest.This extends beyond issues to comments

on the conduct of public figures who,by virtue of their high profile, invite attention and sometimes

criticism. Second, the comment must also be an honest expression of the author’s belief.Third, the

comment must be based on fact, and those facts must either be public knowledge or be set out in

the item as published or broadcast.Reporters and columnists alike must take care to establish the

facts upon which opinions are based, and to ensure those facts have not been distorted or taken out

of context. Finally, the comment must be made without malice.

http://www.cjc-ccm.gc.ca/cmslib/general/news_pub_other_cjsm_en.pdf

Fair comment: While aspects of the law of defamation vary substantially from one province to

the next, it is often stated that four elements must be present for a report to be deemed fair comment.

First, the comment must be on a matter of public interest.This extends beyond issues to comments

on the conduct of public figures who,by virtue of their high profile, invite attention and sometimes

criticism. Second, the comment must also be an honest expression of the author’s belief.Third, the

comment must be based on fact, and those facts must either be public knowledge or be set out in

the item as published or broadcast.Reporters and columnists alike must take care to establish the

facts upon which opinions are based, and to ensure those facts have not been distorted or taken out

http://www.cjc-ccm.g...her_cjsm_en.pdf

Journalistic/editorial manipulation of information for the purpose of sensationalizing, adding drama etc is indeed an art form at our two local rags.

http://www.cjc-ccm.g...her_cjsm_en.pdf

While not disagreeing, I think it would be an empty forum if all 4 of these criterias had to be met. Its part 3 about facts? A lot of this is about opinions and they are not necessarily based of facts... However part 4 is bang on. Everybody surely has the right to voice their opibion without bullying/name calling. <_<

It does lay out the legal constraints the local rag dealers and their journalists are subject to.

Fair enough...Makes you wonder if it is worth the paper its printed on... but thanks for info :) (CDC seems to survive though, mind you we don't get paid :rolleyes: )

That is the Canadian Judicial Council`s publication presenting the legal framework of permissible print copy.

Yes and it still allows for a very open interpretaion of its guidelines. I.e. Vancouvers meiocre sports media.

I would think it would want to be a loose guideline however to still allow for creativity and entertainment so I'm not saying that as a dig against the CJC.

Really? Sounds like a confused, bitter and angry old man that buys in to all the negative media spin instead of doing some critical thinking on actual facts and the actual team.

Sounds like a blind fan that doesn't realize the team fails come playoffs. We had one cup run for a team that has had such amazing regular seasons.

I am glad they are so great in the regular season but after a while you need to move on from the first or second round before you are too old to win it all.

Sounds like a blind fan that doesn't realize the team fails come playoffs. We had one cup run for a team that has had such amazing regular seasons.

I am glad they are so great in the regular season but after a while you need to move on from the first or second round before you are too old to win it all.

Well we'll just punch the formula in to the "Buildacupwinner-matic 3000" over here and quicker than you can say "Jack Robinson" we'll have everything in place! :rolleyes:

Well we'll just punch the formula in to the "Buildacupwinner-matic 3000" over here and quicker than you can say "Jack Robinson" we'll have everything in place! :rolleyes:

Jesus christ man if you've had this device this whole time why are you only using it now.

Joking aside, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. N7 meanwhile is trying to hammer a screw, into a rock wall, naked.

Archived