The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To whoever set the fire in Sooke, BC

http://www.cheknews.ca/?bckey=AQ~~,AAAA4mHNTzE~,ejlzBnGUUKY1gXVPwEwEepl35Y795rND&bclid=975107450001&bctid=2577709729001

That destroyed a large portion of the town's distinguished mall; that meany people enjoyed, and depended on. I sure hope you get what's coming to you. No matter what reason you did this! Civilians/Fire Figjhters could've died, people have lost their jobs/businesses(as much as I love banks....) convievence, records, and probably sentimental belongings in Safety Deposit Boxes((I'll beleieve they survived when I see 'em)).You also created such a strain on the water shed, durring what has already been a very dry Summer, esp July! What point are you trying to make? Anyway, thankyou to all of the Emergency Responders and those who I am sure supplied them with food and drink.

This year has been so incredibly heart wrenching and crazy. The Devil is hard at work for sure, it is so obvious (Iook at the address). I am sickened by it all.. I hope this crap ends soon.

Brutal - and if it was deliberate - can be a huge fine.

I just found out that as of noon tomorrow - no camp fires in Okanagan/Kamploops...not public and not private...

Campfires Banned Kamloops Fire Centre 30/07/2013

Effective at noon on Thursday, Aug. 1, all campfires will be prohibited across the Kamloops Fire Centre.

A map of the area covered by the campfire ban is available online here.

This step is being taken to help prevent human-caused wildfires and protect public safety. The fire danger rating is currently "high" throughout the Kamloops Fire Centre, with scattered pockets of "extreme".

With the current trend of warm and dry weather, wildfires in the region have displayed very aggressive behaviour and required additional fire suppression resources. Human-caused wildfires can divert critical resources and crews from responding to naturally occurring wildfires.

Open burning is prohibited throughout the Kamloops Fire Centre. This prohibition applies to open fires of any size, fires with a burn registration number, industrial burning, fireworks, tiki torches, sky lanterns and burning barrels. The prohibition does not apply to cooking stoves that use gas, propane or briquettes, or to a portable campfire apparatus with a CSA or ULC rating that uses briquettes, liquid or gaseous fuel, as long as the height of the flame is less than 15 centimetres.

The open burning prohibition covers all BC Parks, Crown and private lands, but does not apply within the boundaries of local governments that have forest fire prevention bylaws and are serviced by a fire department. Please check with local governments for any other restrictions before lighting a fire.

Anyone found in violation of an open fire ban, including campfires, may be issued a ticket for up to $345. Anyone who causes a wildfire through arson or recklessness may be fined up to $1 million, spend up to three years in prison and be held accountable for associated firefighting costs.

This prohibition will remain in place until the public is notified that it has been rescinded.

For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: www.bcwildfire.ca

Archived