The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dreaded 4th Line

shinkaruk98

Fourth line issues  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay for sometime I've been looking at this 4th line of: Sestito-Richardson-Weise and I've been thinking that to win a cup depth is usually ( not always ) a strong point. Now I know that this isn't the final roster and all of that junk, but the closer we get to the season the more and more possible that line becomes a possibility. In my opinion I don't think that line can generate anything but a checking style of play that can't log up to many minutes.

I feel there can be a fix to this issue we have many people coming to this years camp who can take over for Weise and Sestito I like Richardson for his experience and play in the playoffs but the other two seem like dusters. I know our 4th line really shouldn't be stressed this much, but I believe it will matter come post season. I'm not entirely sure on what exact players that can take over, but I'm sure in our system we can find someone who can play a good checking style and generate offence at the same time ( at least more than Sestito and Weise ).

I hope I'm not the only person that feels this fourth line will be weaker than years past. It's time for a change we need to be able to play our 4th line against other teams top lines to give our top players a breather once in a while.

Depending on which of our rookies step up I think we could have a fourth line that features Richardson, Gaunce, and Higgins or Hansen. That's the type of fourth line we need to go deep.

If Gaunce steps up and can be a young Ryan O'reilley type player, I think our chances go way up.

If you ask me it is fine.... Every team needs a tough guy and Sestito is ours. Weise is a solid depth player who is still young with room to improve, and I would be fine with either Richardson, Schroeder, or Santorelli centring our 4th line. I don't see too many problems with it. After all, a fourth line is only a fourth line.

Yes I agree this 4th line is underwhelming. Richardson will be decent as long as he plays on the 4th line and not higher (which could happen with injuries to Henrik, Kesler or Schroeder.) Weise gets a half a year to show he can make a difference on this team. Sestito though is just not good enough. Traditionally his role is for a good fighter which he is not. In the alternative he needs to bring an element that pushes the players above him. He does not have this.

Richardson makes for a good 4C.

Weise is an above average 4th liner. Good speed, drives to the net well.

Sestito really needs to work on his skating. If he does that I think he'll be fine. He has really good puck control, and he's huge.

When the top 3 lines are struggling to generate anything offensively it the 4th line that provides the stability and spark to change the momentum of a game..bash the trapping team, or hit back on an aggressive team...and NEVER be afraid to go to the dirty areas...I'm afraid our 4th line is found lacking in this ( Weis/Sestito et al ...they SOMETIMES do something...but rarely , I agree w deniro we need Gaunce or a young gun to step up.

Depending on which of our rookies step up I think we could have a fourth line that features Richardson, Gaunce, and Higgins or Hansen. That's the type of fourth line we need to go deep.

If Gaunce steps up and can be a young Ryan O'reilley type player, I think our chances go way up.

When the top 3 lines are struggling to generate anything offensively it the 4th line that provides the stability and spark to change the momentum of a game..bash the trapping team, or hit back on an aggressive team...and NEVER be afraid to go to the dirty areas...I'm afraid our 4th line is found lacking in this ( Weis/Sestito et al ...they SOMETIMES do something...but rarely , I agree w deniro we need Gaunce or a young gun to step up.

The Canucks have been underestimating the importance of a good fourth line for years.

They're not only there to provide pushback and depth scoring, they should also be able to eat up quality minutes against other teams top lines, so that our top 6 players can rest longer and be fresher.

If Sestito and Weise are ever in the lineup at the same time, we have problems. Sestito needs to be sent to Utica until we need him. That 13th forward position should be used for a versatile forward what can play all 3 positions.

And yea, it's crucial that somebody from the minors finally steps up. Whether it be Gaunce, Archibald, Mallet, or Blomstrand, we need somebody that can bring energy and pushback night in and night out.

Archived