The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Red Wings will retire Nicklas Lidstrom's #5 on March 6th

Always liked this guy, one of my faves, but really? Retiring his jersey? Hmmm not sure most people could agree with that. Just guys like Howe, Gretzky, and the other greats should get that honor. What's next? Ryan Malone? Jocelyn Lemieux? Mike Peca?

Always liked this guy, one of my faves, but really? Retiring his jersey? Hmmm not sure most people could agree with that. Just guys like Howe, Gretzky, and the other greats should get that honor. What's next? Ryan Malone? Jocelyn Lemieux? Mike Peca?

A note to some of you confused people: it's an online sports forum, we share ideas, we laugh, we cry, we joke, we serious, but don't let it bug you if we don't all have the same opinion. Maybe if the guy led the league in points once it would be different but he couldn't do it. Never won a fight, never grinded it out. Just kind of floated and played above avg d. For these reasons and more is why most of us are saying it's a little strange for detroit to retire his number...

He's a freaking defencemen. Do you honestly expect him to lead the league in points?

Above average d? Lidstrom played WAY better than "above average d".

How exactly do you win 4 Stanley cups without grinding it out? Please explain.

Archived