The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sabres Shopping Ryan Miller

Drouin

The Sabres have been trying to move G Ryan Miller but haven’t been able to find any takers. He submitted a list of 10 teams to which the club couldn’t send him before the trade deadline last season, but GM Darcy Regier hasn’t been able to find a deal. Don’t be surprised if he reports to the Sabres in September.

link: http://www.torontosu...king-for-a-home

Not a surprise, they've been shopping him since last season and I didn't see a thread on this.

My guess is that Regier is asking for too much consider Miller is in his last year of his contract and will be a UFA after this season.

Only way Sabres will get a decent return is if they keep some of his salary.

Teams I think will be interested are NYI, Minnesota, maybe Colorado & Edmonton.

Dubnyk just can't catch any respect.

Why would Edmonton want to replace a guy who has posted a .921 and .916 sv % the past few years, on a club not known for their team defense - with an overpaid Miller who has had weaker numbers and more than his share of drama?

3.5 vs 6.25 caphit. Duh-mmy ball move.

Maybe a key piece. Definitely not plural though. Buffalo sucks, and they know they suck. Goalies haven't recently earned the farm plus in a trade. I bet an Oiler 1st and a player gets a pending UFA Miller out of there. Especially if Buffalo doesn't feel like he wants to re-sign. If not many teams want a goalie, the price this year should be low.

The question is, and it is one I suspect is a yes, does Miller have Edmonton on the no go list?

Panthers are a possibility. They're full to the brim with prospects and could use a one-year insurance policy while they evaluate Markstrom. There's potential for a re-sign as well, I understand that Miller wants to be closer to California but all the Cali teams are good for goaltending, so he might have to settle for somewhere that's at least in the South.

Archived