The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shinkaruk training with Crosby, NHL Stars

BigRedMachine

At 18yrs old, Shinkaruk is 5'11". He could easily be 6' or more in the next 3/4years.

Here's a few 'small' players that seem to be working out in the NHL (all are 6' and under).

Kunitz - Crosby - St Louis-Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Kane-Parise - Giroux - Eberle-Marchand - Duchene - Yakupov-Richards-Camerelli-Kessel-Skinner-Alfredsson-Downie-Taveres-Stamkos-Ott-Krejci-Ribiro

Kadri-Parenteau-Moulson-Stepan-Tlusty

Campbell-Boyle-Shattenkirk-Timmonen-Enstrom-Goligoski-Visnovsky-Robidas-Gorges-Karlsson-Letang-Markov-Kronwall-Subban-Wideman

Halak-Khudobin-Valcoun-Howard-Bernier

I'm sure this list could expand rapidly.

There you go. Feel better now Teach?

i hate marchand's antics, and really hate when he pulls crap against the canucks. BUT i think we can all agree shinkaruk, with all the skill he has, could use some of that bite so guys don't just push him out of games physically. and kass to stomp anyone who takes liberties ala shawn thornton.

Shinkaruk isn't even small. People that bring his size into question are just people who wanna b!tch about something for the sake of it.

At 5'11" and 180 lbs and 18 years old, he's hardly a small player. Why people continue to compare him to guys like St.Louis I'm not sure. Seems a little misinformed to me.

Shinkaruk isn't even small. People that bring his size into question are just people who wanna b!tch about something for the sake of it.

At 5'11" and 180 lbs and 18 years old, he's hardly a small player. Why people continue to compare him to guys like St.Louis I'm not sure. Seems a little misinformed to me.

Smallest pick of the first round.

In an ever-growing league, the question should be if these kind of players will be successful in ultra-tight-checking playoff games.

Shinkaruk's numbers faded without Etem, and faded even more in a defensive playoff series.

I'm not calling this the 'steal of the draft' unless those trends are reversed.

Um no, Klimchuk is the same size.

Domi is smaller albeit 15 lbs heavier. Most of that is probably baby fat though. Hartmann and Dano are also the same height and only have 5 lbs on Shinkaruk; which can easily be made up in a summer of training.

Also, his numbers only "faded" by 5 points in two less games. The only thing that dropped were his goal totals, which turned into assists. Without one of their best offensive players, it's not surprising his playoff stats dropped. You think Domi's numbers won't drop once Griffith leaves the Knights?

Do you do any research on the stuff you say, or do you just say whatever you want to support your claims?

Did i say smallest? I meant softest. jk

Point is that hey, Shinkaruk... Is a small forward. So quit saying 'well he's not dat small, don't ur do ur resarch? lolz' when he's, yup, still a small forward.

There is still a lot of hype about the kid here. Players rarely live up to the hype though, so I'm not gonna set my expectations too high.

He dropped hard in the draft for multiple reasons. Size being the main one. Not being able to boost performance in big games, and bad interviews the others. Hey, I hope he pans out to be a real great player for us. He honestly could. But basically we're praying for yet another undersized guy to somehow rise above in a big man's league.

Frankly, i'm tired of every fanbase in the league putting the blinders on when it comes to their teams' prospects. Esp. ours. As if the other guys in the draft are all crap and we picked the gem in the dirt. Every... Freakin'... Draft...

Frankly, i'm tired of every fanbase in the league putting the blinders on when it comes to their teams' prospects. Esp. ours. As if the other guys in the draft are all crap and we picked the gem in the dirt. Every... Freakin'... Draft...

Archived