The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A phantom parking ticket

tmaclu

I got a letter from a (private) parking company's collection dept., saying I have unpaid fines, from a ticket issued to my car 2 months ago.

But I don't remember ever getting such a ticket, so I emailed to ask.

They replied and said the ticket does exist, but due to weather condition or some other reasons, it might not appear on my windowshield. They also sent a pic of the original ticket. (they still having the original copy, meaning I was remembering right: I never got it in the first place.)

And now they still want me to pay :picard:

What should I do? If I got the ticket that day, I would consider paying it. But come on, this like police pulling me over and say hey we saw you speeding here two months ago, but our cruiser had a problem so we couldn't stop you on that day :sadno:

Any thoughts on that? Thx!!

They replied and said the ticket does exist, but due to weather condition or some other reasons, it might not appear on my windowshield. They also sent a pic of the original ticket. (they still having the original copy, meaning I was remembering right: I never got it in the first place.)

I got a letter from a (private) parking company's collection dept., saying I have unpaid fines, from a ticket issued to my car 2 months ago.

But I don't remember ever getting such a ticket, so I emailed to ask.

And now they still want me to pay :picard:

What should I do? If I got the ticket that day, I would consider paying it. But come on, this like police pulling me over and say hey we saw you speeding here two months ago, but our cruiser had a problem so we couldn't stop you on that day :sadno:

Any thoughts on that? Thx!!

I bet it was Diamond parking. They got a very bad reputation.

They did not even send me a copy of the original ticket. They just sent me a letter.

Just phone them up, they will settle for a lower fine because they know it is better than nothing since lots of people never pay at all.

I paid $35 for a $70 ticket.

Of course don't pay it if you don't want to. Then they send it to a collection agency who will bother you all the time.

I bet it was Diamond parking. They got a very bad reputation.

They did not even send me a copy of the original ticket. They just sent me a letter.

Just phone them up, they will settle for a lower fine because they know it is better than nothing since lots of people never pay at all.

I paid $35 for a $70 ticket.

Of course don't pay it if you don't want to. Then they send it to a collection agency who will bother you all the time.

Diamond is awful for this kind of stuff. They stuck a ticket on my windshield on Oct. 31 a few years ago and it was dated Oct. 2. Got an invoice a few days later with a late fee attached. Had a great phonecall with them...they never bothered me again afterward.

Crooks. Don't ever pay without challenging things to the point that you're satisfied they're legit.

Its a private parking company. There is no legal reason you have to pay it ever. Ive been given parking tickets by Impark and Diamond on different occasions and I have never paid them. Apparently there is a chance of your car being towed from their lots if your there again with unpaid tickets but thats never happened to me.

Diamond is awful for this kind of stuff. They stuck a ticket on my windshield on Oct. 31 a few years ago and it was dated Oct. 2. Got an invoice a few days later with a late fee attached. Had a great phonecall with them...they never bothered me again afterward.

Crooks. Don't ever pay without challenging things to the point that you're satisfied they're legit.

Archived