The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raffi Torres Game Winning Goal 2011 Stanley Cup Finals Game 1

Merci

Raffi Torres is a great player for his price. But he is not worth the cheap shots and subsequent bad blood with other teams and the officials. I don't want a cheap shot artist on my team no matter how skilled.

Because of Gillis.

The same guy that tried to give up luongo for a second rounder from Toronto to use that second rounder and re aquire him.

But he got roybaby instead and we had to watch Torres put the sager in our hearts in over time of the sharks series

Fire gillis.

Torres was perfect for us... His huge hits made up for us having lots of guys who simply don't hit. On top of that part of his game, he had a nice set of hands, experience, and kicked it up in the playoffs.... That Torres Lappy Hansen line was our best line in the finals.

If I could put together a 3rd line it would be Torres Bolland Clutterbuck.

I wouldn't include Alberts in that list. Raymond was good before when he netted 20+ goals per season. That was before he got injured which wasn't his fault. Barker was a project, a depth defenseman and potentially more, considering how cheap we got him I wouldn't say it was a bad signing. Joslin has only played a couple games with us, mostly in Utica. Not bad for 700.000.

When Torres plays cleanly he's very effective, but you'll always be wondering when the next suspension will be.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/18/sp-nhl-torres-hit-history.html

I would also be hard, but not impossible, to fit his $2 million contract under the cap. Especially with the Sedins, Kassian and Hansen in the last years of their respective deals.

Archived