The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Heritage Classic Tickets Pricier Than Expected

CanucksFanMike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard either Daly or Bettman say that since it was a league event it is the league that sets the ticket prices and not Canucks management. So shouldn't we be mad at the league and not Canucks management for the prices? On a side note, the league most likely would have done research into how much to charge for the tickets based on demand and the pricing of tickets to normal games and came out thinking that these were not neccesarily "reasonable" prices but still sellable prices.

I didn't really get the seating plan and pricing. There were front row seats at $60+ and nosebleeds were double+ that?

Are the front row sitting under parked cars? What's the deal with that? No seats/sit on the ground? Maybe I have to go look again....

I'm going to be at the Lions game tomorrow in row J of the lower bowl.

I am going to try to determine how the view will be for hockey.

Football field 195 feet wide, hockey arena 85 feet. So the hockey boards will be 55 feet inwards from the football sidelines.

Maybe they could make the arena with see through boards ::D

Take a look at images from past outdoor games and in addition to the boards, you will see various things (broadcast booth, shinny rink, cooling equipment) that will restrict views from low level seating.

If you think that the Canucks have no part in the pricing scheme, give your head a shake.

I guess PT Barnum was right after all these years...There's a sucker born every minute.

Take a look at images from past outdoor games and in addition to the boards, you will see various things (broadcast booth, shinny rink, cooling equipment) that will restrict views from low level seating.

If you think that the Canucks have no part in the pricing scheme, give your head a shake.

I guess PT Barnum was right after all these years...There's a sucker born every minute.

LOL - Cheapest seasons at Rogers Arena are around ~$42 for season ticket holders and it holds 19,000 people. BC place holds 60,000 and they are charging more than 2x as much? HUGE HUGE HUGE mistake. I was going to buy 4 tickets using the presale code but not at these prices - NO WAY. There's no way BC place will sell out. The demand simply isn't there, especially not against the Ottawa Senators. If the Maple Leafs were coming then MAYBE, and that's a "BIG" maybe it could sell out at these prices. They probably figure that they have like 7 months to sell off the tickets, so they will be fine... it's not until March 2, after all. But I am not convinced. So sad.

Archived