The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) IF TANEV CANNOT BE RE-SIGNED OR WANTS TOO MUCH $$$ + trades & 1 UFA

For the record, I WANT TO KEEP TANEV!

I ALSO WANT TO KEEP EDLER!

I'm just doing what GMMG says in "looking at all options".

To PHI: Chris Tanev (RFA), VAN 2014 1st + VAN 2015 3rd

To VAN: Braydon Coburn & Matt Read

Tanev + 3rd = Coburn

1st = Read

THEN, for cap space, while improving the team

To OTT: Alex Edler, David Booth + VAN 2015 2nd

To VAN: Patrick Wiercioch, Cory Conacher, Colin Greening & Mark Stone

Edler = Wiercioch, Conacher & Stone

Booth + 2nd = Greening

THEN

To TOR: Adam Polasek + VAN 2014 2nd

To VAN: Cody Franson (RFA)

THEN

Sign Mark Fistric to 1 year @ $1 million.

CANUCKS ROSTER

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Zack Kassian -------------------- 22 - 33 - 9

Alex Burrows - Ryan Kesler - Cory Conacher ------------------ 14 - 17 - 13

Colin Greening - Jordan Schroeder - Matt Read -------------- 13 - 45 - 24

Chris Higgins - Brad Richardson - Jannik Hansen ------------ 20 - 15 - 36

Tom Sestito, Dale Weise ---------------------------------------------- 29, 32

Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa ------------------------------------------ 2 - 3

Jason Garrison - Cody Franson -------------------------------------- 5 - 4

Braydon Coburn - Patrick Wiercioch---------------------------------- 7 - 6

Mark Fistric, Yannick Weber ------------------------------------------ 25, 18

Roberto Luongo & Eddie Läck -------------------------------------- 1 & 31

Quick summary, line by line:

1st Line: The Sedin twins are accompanied by a young, intimidating and improving power forward who's got their backs.

2nd Line: Kesler and Burrows provide the defensive presence while being able to score quite often as well. Conacher gives them a shifty, speedy playmaker.

3rd Line: Speed is what you get with this line, while being secondary scoring to the top two lines.

4th Line: Acts as another 3rd line, when injuries occur, these guys can step it up.

13th & 14th forwards: Toughness and grittiness from these two. Can step in when injury happens or when playing a bigger team.

1st D-pair: We all know what we get from Hammer & Juice. They were ranked in the top-3 for best D-pairings 2 seasons ago.

2nd D-pair: Has some offensive pop. They would instantly become out top PP unit guys on the points.

3rd D-pair: Two monster guys at 6'5 who love to hit. One can provide lots of defense and the other lots of offense.

7th & 8th D-men: Fistric can be brought in against tougher teams, while Y. Weber can play against other teams, and both fill in incase of injury.

Goalies: We can only hope Roberto will come back strong (or come back at all), which I think he will. Läck will do a great job backing up.

Gotta stop throwing Booth in trade proposals as right now he's less value than Tanev unfortunately. Won't comment on the ideas themselves except to say there's a few names i'd give my neighbours left testicle to see wear the C

How is our RFA (Tanev) and 2 picks worth two solid players ( Coburn and Read)

Coburn is Philly's top Defenseman......and Read has scored 71 points in his first 121 games in the league as well as being a + player on pretty bad philly teams.

But Toronto's RFA (Franson) is only worth a low end prospect and a 2nd?

Ottawa Trade makes no sense either as we pick up 3 relativly unknowns in Wiercioch, Conachar and Stone and a 3rd/4th liner for a top 2 dman on most teams and a 2nd/3rd liner. I think Greening is an excellent role player and I would guess that Wiercioch becomes a regular NHLer, Conachar needs to overcome his lack of size (5'8") every time he gets onto the ice and very few guys historically have been able to do that year in and year out and Stone is a quality prospect. It is too risky IMO to be acquiring potential for what Edler has already proven to bring and Booth while healthy is capable of.

I thought this might happen and was in a way hoping for someone to offer sheet him at the 1st round pick level. If he really doesn't want to be here, or an agreement will not be reached, then trade him for a second round pick. He gets arbitration next year, and they'll just say that he should get $1.25m, so I think there's a chance that Tanev is overvaluing himself.

Either that or GMMG is aware that Tanev is crap out of options and is taking care of all the other business first...

Archived