The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guilty Until Proven Innocent?

-DLC-

PS: Check your title, they may have put a lien on the property...

Seriously?? Not sure how they could do that without rhyme or reason. I mean isn't there a process whereby I have to have done something? Whatever, I'm over it already.

Also, don't even think about recourse for lost wages etc... this is all small claims and the stress and effort will be 10x what it is worth. We live in legal system, that while is better than most, is very far from perfect. Deb, I am speaking from very serious experience here. Don't contact anyone else UNTIL something appears on your title or your bank is contacted. Disappear all of it...

You don't even have one credit card Deb?

Why so? I use one just to at least keep a good credit rating.

Nope.

Had two (department store) cards years ago and when I paid them off, I cut them up and was done with it.

That's my plan from here on in. Done enough already and maybe they should get the guilty party to attend to her matters rather than bug other people. If I was a little nicer, I'd actually supply them with the info I easily tracked down...not sure why they couldn't? First thing I'd do is go to FB, Twitter, etc. if I was a lawyer. These guys don't seem like the brightest lights on the tree.

I have no idea how this relates to my post.

I'm not blaming Deb for anything.

I didn't suggest she not be honest.

I suggested she let them waste their time and money following bad leads. I'd write a letter to the lawyer informing them they got the wrong person if I was contacted more than once but the first time I would ignore it.

It wasn't addressed to her.

That's what I thought....but they also stuck a copy through the mail slot the next day? Didn't get me to sign or anything...just said "we have to leave it here" (the first copy...that I ran after him to give back...he simply stated that he's been instructed to leave it).

Because I am a law abiding citizen and a little frightened of "ignoring" something that looks official and is from the courts, I delved into it. And felt that I should at least respond with "I'm not her". I think it's worse to ignore it...then they don't know who I am. This way they can confirm it and quickly move on.

But what a big pain in the rear. Honestly, my Sunday was shot after that, because it took me awhile to even figure it out. The cops via the non emerg number were the most helpful of all. I almost felt like calling the other person listed (there were 3 - the one that obviously was tracked down at some point, me and the Vancouver person) to see what she intended to do. I really didn't know what to do, but acted on my instincts which was quickly clear my name. But it sucks that it can go down like this...I just find it so ass backward. To have my name even associated on those papers really upsets me, but whatever.

That's what I thought....but they also stuck a copy through the mail slot the next day? Didn't get me to sign or anything...just said "we have to leave it here" (the first copy...that I ran after him to give back...he simply stated that he's been instructed to leave it).

Because I am a law abiding citizen and a little frightened of "ignoring" something that looks official and is from the courts, I delved into it. And felt that I should at least respond with "I'm not her". I think it's worse to ignore it...then they don't know who I am. This way they can confirm it and quickly move on.

But what a big pain in the rear. Honestly, my Sunday was shot after that, because it took me awhile to even figure it out. The cops via the non emerg number were the most helpful of all. I almost felt like calling the other person listed (there were 3 - the one that obviously was tracked down at some point, me and the Vancouver person) to see what she intended to do. I really didn't know what to do, but acted on my instincts which was quickly clear my name. But it sucks that it can go down like this...I just find it so ass backward. To have my name even associated on those papers really upsets me, but whatever.

Archived