The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Schroeder’s shoulder ready for camp

shinkaruk98

Very few small players make it. Many large players make it. Jordan is a small player, to most of us this means the odds of him being a regular player are lower than if he was 6 foot 200 lbs plus. Talking about small elite level players does not mean Jordan will be one of them. He may have to become a winger to help his chances.

This was really emmbarrssing to read.. I mean Shredder really? and you started off by saying no player can make the NHL unless they're 6 foot 200 pounds, but than you go on to name a bunch of superstars who were under the weight and size that made it.

4 months post -op labral repair is pretty optimistic IMO. I could see a November return, but this is exactly the same surgery as Kesler and Burrows had previously. I had same injury 4 years ago, and wasn't cleared for 6 months. Some soft tissue/joint injuries can take up to a year for complete healing. I realize the rehab for elite athletes differed from my rehab, but I still think Jordan will be back after the season starts

He has 2 more months to gain back his strength. Lets hope he's ready.

I really like Schroeds and unfortunately given our lack of size on the wing, it puts him in a tough position. He would be a terrific 3c if he had two wingers with size and experience. Love Higgy and Hansen but need more size on that line. Surprisingly, I know see why Booth is valuable on this team. Overpaid by 1.2 ml but as a winger with size on the third with Schroeder, very useful.

Regardless, with torts coming in, guys like Kassian, Schroeder, etc have a new lease on life. Everyone starts from the same place and if they come in and show they can play torts will play em.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler Jensen

Booth Schroeder Hansen

Guance Richardson Higgins

I like those lines. Youth on every line (guys who are key to our future). Playing with 2 vets that will make them better and protect them a bit from errors being catastrophic.

Watching this made me really look forward to seeing what Schroeder can do this year. He's got such awesome vision and that goal at 1:25, wow too sick. I can really see him cracking 40 pts so long as he's healthy this year playing with Hansen and probably Higgens.

fickle fans be quiet. i can't stand the attitude towards guys who don't fall into the mold of whatever the flavor of the month is. fact is, schroeder has worked hard and improved every year. he knows what he needs to add to his game to be more of a tortorella player, quit complaining and support the kid.

fickle fans be quiet. i can't stand the attitude towards guys who don't fall into the mold of whatever the flavor of the month is. fact is, schroeder has worked hard and improved every year. he knows what he needs to add to his game to be more of a tortorella player, quit complaining and support the kid.

Archived