The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat has more skill than ppl give him credit for!

Go Go Canucks Go

You do realize we had a 2-0 series lead and were the favorites to win the cup, right? Yes, Luongo and his 3.41 GAA and .891 Sv% with 2 shutouts were the reason Boston forced the series to game 7and won the cup in yet another blowout on our home ice nonetheless. Hooray, we "made it" to game 7! Let's raise a banner for that.

Boston was also reasonably healthy compared to Van. Kessler( hip ), Hank( back ), Hamhuis( out ), Raymond( out ), Rome( out/suspension ), Erhoff( shoulder ). Loosing Samuelson hurt also and no Manny was a kick in the onions. A healthy Canuck team wins that series in five or six. Even with all the injuries we still made a seven game series out of it.

Here's a chart that gives you an idea of why Horvat's numbers were lower this season. Only three players faced a higher quality of competition. And of those three, only two had a lower quality of linemates (both 19 year old centers).

pic.twitter.com/iHPGfsCPxq

Horvat also seems to have skill with the ladies as well. :bigblush:

pic.twitter.com/1OXxbECe1x

He's pretty big for an 18 year old too. :shock:

No it's not because there's rules against that.

It makes the conversations much more organized and easier for people to follow. Having two people have a 2 page conversation about something completely unrelated makes it hard for people who wanna discuss the actual topic.

Agreed,but people like to express themselves and reply in the manner that suits them.

Limiting thought and discussion is not really the objective and I doubt any mod would want to put in the effort to even attempt to achieve that end.

It's not about limiting thought or discussion, it's about organizing it. There's lots of discussion about Luongo going on in a Luongo thread right now. Not discussing it there doesn't make sense. If everyone posted their random thoughts everywhere, this place would be a mess.

And yes, the mods constantly tell people to stay on topic.

Guest Cuporbust2

I think he gets too much at this point to be honest

This sums it up for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/bo-horvat/

He will probably be a very good third line centre, maybe a second line centre with grit and determination. I highly doubt though he will every be as elite as Schneider and making it seem like he will is unfair to him, and to fans. The expectations should be realistic, and IMO, that's a gritty third liner that can fill in on the second , or maybe anchor the second at best with the right linemates. Nothing more.

I think he gets too much at this point to be honest

This sums it up for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.

http://www.hockeysfu...ects/bo-horvat/

He will probably be a very good third line centre, maybe a second line centre with grit and determination. I highly doubt though he will every be as elite as Schneider and making it seem like he will is unfair to him, and to fans. The expectations should be realistic, and IMO, that's a gritty third liner that can fill in on the second , or maybe anchor the second at best with the right linemates. Nothing more.

He has skill, but it seems he has a very obvious go to move that involves far more ice than he'll be getting in the higher leagues. Nothing wrong with his big deke to the backhand, but I'd like to see him score from distance and make some niftier moves if he's going to be an offensive star.

Archived