The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison

uber_pwnzor

Guest Pinchin

People think that is because he is a hunter but think about it for a minute.

Maybe he actually just loves being a Canuck and is supporting the team. I mean, he obviously wants the young guys on the team to feel like part of the family. Bo Horvat and Hunter Shinkaruk should feel honored!

There is no "will" anything in sports. He could suffer a career ending injury in the preseason for all we know and not do a damn thing the next five years. All management can look at is past performance and make future projections.

By all accounts, his last three seasons show he's an excellent defender, he's big, has decent skating, can move the puck well and in the last two seasons has put up above average offensive numbers (despite not really being given much offensive opportunity last year I might add). I don't know what planet you're from but on this one that all means he's underpaid vs his comparables.

Guest Pinchin

GTFO of here hippy. We're talking about hockey, where men with blades on their feet beat the crap out of each other. You wouldn't understand.

We're talking about David Booth, a hockey player. I was talking about David Booth, a hockey player. I understand just fine thanks. I don't like David Booth, I don't like Bear baiting and I am entitled to post about it in a reply to a comment about David Booth. Thanks for coming out and trying to make me feel bad, you're a lovely person I'm sure.

How many bear steaks do you buy at the store? And for the record, I am a bit of a hippy like buddy says above, I don't support the industry. I'm not here to make social commentary on the meat industry, if you would like the names of documentaries that have helped me to make my eating choices then ask and I will gladly send you a message with them.

Guest Pinchin

You're right. I should take your preaching and stirring hate up against a stand up guy because of your own idealism. Calling that behaviour out would indeed make me a bad person.

As for bear baiting, hunting generally involves bait. Do you advocate against fishermen using worms as well? What about crab traps? Duck calls? Activist preachers like you are always masters of the arbitrary. It's always a veiled excuse for your personal crusade to dominate the will of others.

By the way, we're talking about Garrison not Booth except in brief passing. Read the title.

I follow all Canucks regulars on Twitter (apart from David Booth who was so boring that I had to unfollow him), and a thing I've noticed is what a nice guy Jason Garrison seems to be; he isn't as funny as Bieksa or Luongo, but he seems like a really nice guy.

He takes part in 99,4732 % of all charity events that Canucks players take part in (maybe that's because he lives in BC, but still) and constantly posts things like this: http://twitter.com/G...2638593/photo/1

I'm really glad MG signed him.

Over and out!

Archived