The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison

uber_pwnzor

So a couple people are upset because Garrison is a really good defender (solid, second best in the d-zone on our team), is big and can clear the crease and he has decent offense skills/a good shot? All that for a fair salary that normally would be in the ball park for upper mid-tier defenders.

Oh and he LOVES playing here and being involved in the community.

Yeah...what a worthless jerk :rolleyes:

So a couple people are upset because Garrison is a really good defender (solid, second best in the d-zone on our team), is big and can clear the crease and he has decent offense skills/a good shot? All that for a fair salary that normally would be in the ball park for upper mid-tier defenders.

Oh and he LOVES playing here and being involved in the community.

Yeah...what a worthless jerk :rolleyes:

$4.6 million for a legitimate top 4 defender and a guy would should be the #1 d-man on the power play. He's also defensiely responsible.

How can any one complain about that? Sure, he's a late bloomer but that doesn't mean he's not the real deal.

Guest Pinchin

Garrison and Hamhuis are my two favs. What I like most about Garrison is his mobility and on ice awareness. He has a very balanced talent base and is able to play responsibly in his own end and contribute offense, which I'm hoping Torts takes advantage of on the 1st PP. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but those who are hating on Garrison's abilities and contract are simply wrong.

I know what you were trying to say,Unfortunately,when you state Jason could win a Norris you discredited your argument.

Lidstrom was placed upon the NHL All Star Rookie team at age 21 and tallied near 500 points before age 30 so you also blew that.

Lidstrom won two Stanley Cups and appeared in four NHL All Star games before the age of 30.

Yes,Lidstrom was a great player that played superbly into his 30`s.He was also an NHL All Star player in his twenties.

Yes,Garrison can get better as he ages and hopefully for Canucks fans,he will.That is where it should have ended.

Guest Pinchin

Again, you're MISSING THE POINT. I am saying hypothetic he could win a Norris, and people would still be unhappy. Luongo COULD WIN A VEZINA, and people would still be unhappy. It's our fan base, they're never happy. We could have beaten boston and HYPOTHETICALLY won a cup, and people would have said why couldn't we do it in 5 games? We have to many fans with to many sad expectations which are never happy with anything this team does.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Our "fan base" is not represented on this board or in our media. We get the opinions (and troll comments) of those who take the time to offer them, not the day to day fans on the street. I'm not disagreeing with you, a Vezina would do nothing to the Lu haters here and Edler winning a Norris would be called a fix or something like that.

oh no you're exactly right but I'm nut simply speaking of this board.

3-0 in a serious with Chicago we win game 7, why did it go to 7 games?

Win a 6 game series against Nashville, why wasn't it a sweep?

Its impossible to please everyone. Some people wanted a garrison player, we got him now those same people think he's not enough.

That's the simple truth and the point I'm trying to make. Some people are just never happy

I never wanted Garrison. Everyone on CDC wanted him here for his hard shot but most importantly because he's a bc boy (which is a stupid reason to sign a player imo). And in the proposal forum, the consensus was around signing him for 3.5M which I knew wasn't going to happen since ufa's are grossly overpaid and Garrison is no exception even though he took a little less. But if you're not convinced by now then there's no point continuing. Enjoy Garrison for the next 5 yrs.

Guest Pinchin

I never wanted Garrison. Everyone on CDC wanted him here for his hard shot but most importantly because he's a bc boy (which is a stupid reason to sign a player imo). And in the proposal forum, the consensus was around signing him for 3.5M which I knew wasn't going to happen since ufa's are grossly overpaid and Garrison is no exception even though he took a little less. But if you're not convinced by now then there's no point continuing. Enjoy Garrison for the next 5 yrs.

Oh no, are you anther one of those fans who thinks the CDC is a hive mind, except you are this exception who is blessed with some god given knowledge and ability to assess hockey talent? Cuz I don't get it, "convinced by now"? I'm convinced Garrison is a steal at 4.2 and I'm convinced he is a very balanced d-man. Is he a #1? No, but he's not paid like one so what's your problem with him. All I hear is that you think he sucks and everyone but you is wrong, so elaborate on his skill set, what is it specifically you dislike.

Archived