The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-PHX

Some of you may be upset with this, but I personally think it'd be a very good trade for the Canucks.

Gary Bettman: We have a trade to announce: Vancouver trades Alexander Edler, David Booth, Niklas Jensen, Jordan Schroeder, Joe Cannata and a 2014 1st and 2nd for Martin Hanzal, Radim Vrbata, Henrik Samuelsson and Rosti Klesla.

Radim Vrbata is a 30-40 goal scorer, one of the more underrated players in the game today.

Hanzal is absolutely money with Vrbata and also a very underrated player.

Klesla is a little replacement for Edler with a mean streak and good defensively.

Henrik Samuelsson is a player just like his father, Ulf, but with added scoring ability. He's a pest but will back his smack talk up with good offensive play. Think Burrows 2.0.

While this may seem like overpayment, it would greatly enhance this team. No longer will you find the Canucks not being able to score in the playoffs. All 3 lines are very deadly lines and the 2nd line is really a 1B line.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Martin Hanzal ($3.100m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)

Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Dale Weise ($0.750m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Alexandre Mallet ($0.925m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Rostislav Klesla ($2.975m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,659,444; BONUSES: $395,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,035,556

Just trying to bring something original to the table, don't hate.

Edler = Samuelsson, Hanzal, Kesla.

Booth, Jensen = Vrabta.

We don't need to give more and a healthy Booth gets 30-50 points. Equal to Vrabta. It isn't bad, something unique but I think we are overpaying, Coyotes defense is already quite strong so I don't think they don't need anymore defensemens either.

Booth, Jensen = Vrabta.

We don't need to give more and a healthy Booth gets 30-50 points. Equal to Vrabta. It isn't bad, something unique but I think we are overpaying, Coyotes defense is already quite strong so I don't think they don't need anymore defensemens either.

Booth, Jensen = Vrabta.

Vrbata is also not a one dimensional player like you're making him out to be. He's actually very solid defensively along with Hanzal, which in turn lowers their point totals.

Vrbata is one of the purest snipers in the game who works very well with his fellow countryman Hanzal.

I made a cup contending lineup, not one that will bow out in the 1st round again.

I think you're also underrating Klesla and Samuelsson.

Klesla is a very solid d-man and Samuelsson is a safe bet to be a second line player in the NHL.

I understand this is a Canucks forum and all of the players get overrated, but in reality this is a very fair trade which would help both clubs.

Vrbata five years ago? Sure. Now? Maybe. If we're trading Edler to Phoenix I want a package consisting of Domi and Brandon Gormley. Maybe Edler+3rd for Domi+Hanzal+Gormley? Might be a bit of an underpayment but those players set us up very nicely for the future.

Vrbata five years ago? Sure. Now? Maybe. If we're trading Edler to Phoenix I want a package consisting of Domi and Brandon Gormley. Maybe Edler+3rd for Domi+Hanzal+Gormley? Might be a bit of an underpayment but those players set us up very nicely for the future.

Its not like these players are getting any better. After this deal just look at our prospect pool, Gaunce and Horvat all that is left. You have to think about the future.

We could probably get Emelin, Paciorietty, Gallagher and a 3rd for what we give in this deal.

In 4-6 years the players we aquire in the PHX deal will be useless or retired. You don't hand out 1st round picks like that, all you want to see is us winning games and exciting hockeys so you forget about the future and get rid of 2 good prospects and trade 1st and 2nd round picks

Archived