The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-FLA

To Florida : Edler, Booth, 2014 2nd Round

To Vancouver : Kulikov, Versteeg, 2014 4th round

On defense, we get younger with Kulikov, who is 22 years old, and still has a lot of potential to become a top defense-man.

Even though we traded Booth away, we get Kris Versteeg, who is 27 years old and is a sniper, which could help put up points on that second line with Kesler, and possibly Burrows/Kassian.

We got a bit younger through this trade and i think it would be great for our future to have Kulikov back there.

I don't know if Vancouver would accept this or if Florida would even agree to it.

But i think it's great for both sides.

Here's what i think the line-up would be if this happened :

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Versteeg - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen (If Raymond comes back, maybe he would be on the third line)

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Kulikov - Garrison

Tanev - Corrado

Luongo

Lack/Eriksson

Did this just work in NHL13 so you think we should try in real life? Seriously though, why would Florida do this deal? Kulikov will one day become a top pairing D-man in the NHL, but he is far from a liability now. Since Edler is only a slight upgrade currently and probably just an equivalent in the near future, I'm sure Florida would just prefer to stick with the known aspect of Kulikov. As for Booth for Versteeg, no. Kris may have had injury problems this past season, but overall he is more durable than Booth. Booth has way more potential, but if he can't stay in the line-up, all that potential is wasted. So again I'm sure Florida would stay with the more durable option. So it comes down to a 2nd for a 4th. Here's the deal with negotiations...he who speaks first loses. So basically GMMG would be in a "seller" position and probably either get a lot less than he potentially could (ie/ Schneider deal) or will have to give up a lot more to get what he wants. So unless Florida is receiving something they don't have, there's no point for them to just swap pieces for no immediate upside.

Archived