The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic Expectations for Kassian

Carrots

If we do not include the five goals in seven game stint that Kassian produced with the Sedins he has three goals in 56 regualr season games as a Canuck.

He has not registered a point in eight playoff games.

My expectation is that he simply does better,begins to play a responsible two-way game where he is rewarded with more ice from consistent effort.

AV was a massive reason for Kassian's struggles. The idiot put Kassian alongside pieces of trash such as Ebbett and expected him to produce. Kassian was the only player who played with pretty much every forward last season. No wonder he couldn't find chemistry when the coach is too stupid to draw up the lines properly.

If we do not include the five goals in seven game stint that Kassian produced with the Sedins he has three goals in 56 regualr season games as a Canuck.

He has not registered a point in eight playoff games.

My expectation is that he simply does better,begins to play a responsible two-way game where he is rewarded with more ice from consistent effort.

My prediction: he'll get a 20+ game suspension this season. He plays on the edge, and with a team that needs protecting as badly as the Canucks, and with Torts poking the lion between periods, he may become acquainted with our dear friend and hall of famer Brendan Shanahan.

I truly hope Torts gives Kassian the chance that AV never seemed to. Kassian needs to be put in a position to succeed. He will make mistakes, but ever player does, and the coaching staff needs to let him work through it, something AV never seemed to do. One little mistake and he threw Kassian on the fourth line playing with scrubs like Ebbett.

Sooo I did a bit of research and Zack Kassian over 83 games in the NHL has racked 11 goals 10 assist 21 points and 102 Pims, while Hodgson over his first 83 games in the NHL racked up 17 goals 22 assists 39 points and 10 Pims. Now when I look at the stat lines there isnt THAT BIG of a diffrence between the 2 of them, and Kassian can fight and hit while Hodgson is purely offensive. This season is a big season for Kassian to show that he was worth trading for Hodgson because he is going into his 22 year old season, which was this season for Hodgson and Hodgson ended up putting 34 points in 48 games which is 0.7 PPG pace which would put him at around 60 points in a 82 game season. So I expect Kassian to atleast put up 50 points, and if he does I hope everyone shuts up cause if he can put 20g 30a and 100 Pims he is worth waaay more than Hodgson.

If he stays healthy I expect him to get 20 to 30 goals and 35 to 50 points. I really do expect him to start to come into his own. Its a little too soon in comparison to Big Bert, but in my honest opinion Kassian is better than Bertuzzi was at 22.

I would like it if he could improve his upper body strength

Guest Dasein

I made a status last week about Kassian's production. Did you know that when playing over 15 mins in a game, Kassian scored in 8/13 games (or at a 47pt pace over 82 games)

That's a 47pt pace when given the minutes, playing mostly without Kesler for the majority of the season. Let's not forget he's only 22yrs old and is a PWF meaning he's not meant to score 100pts but rather 50+ and bring a physical presence.

If he was scoring at a 47pt pace when over 15mins a game, I can't wait to see how he developes as he gets older. And if his twitter is any indication he's been training pretty heavily this offseason working both on the rink, and away from it sharpening up his fighting skills

Edit: My expectations this season for him are easily 42pts while providing a physical presence. I think he has the talent to surpass that tho

Archived