Canucks Community

Realistic Expectations for Kassian

Carrots

Hodgson 63 gp 16 g 17 a 33 points 2011-2012

Hodgson 8gp 1 g 1 a 2 pts 2010-2011

Hodgson in Buffalo in his first 12 games: 5 g 7a

Hodgson : Initial 83 NHL gp 22g 26 a 48 points

Kassian : Initial 83 NHL gp 11 g 10 a 21 points

Kassian cannot be on the third line. We already have 2 perfect third line wingers with higgins and hansen. Kassian would be better utilized in the top 6 alongside either Kesler or Sedins. If Kassian is in the bottom six then we have problems. He has to play with good players to be effective.

You don't get it do you? MG had to make a move because of the horrible agent Cody's father is. I wish we could move on with our lives instead of some guy coming onto the boards and reminding all of us about the trade over and over again. Anyways Kassian expectations IMO is 35-40 points.

If we do not include the five goals in seven game stint that Kassian produced with the Sedins he has three goals in 56 regualr season games as a Canuck.

He has not registered a point in eight playoff games.

My expectation is that he simply does better,begins to play a responsible two-way game where he is rewarded with more ice from consistent effort.

Sooo I did a bit of research and Zack Kassian over 83 games in the NHL has racked 11 goals 10 assist 21 points and 102 Pims, while Hodgson over his first 83 games in the NHL racked up 17 goals 22 assists 39 points and 10 Pims. Now when I look at the stat lines there isnt THAT BIG of a diffrence between the 2 of them, and Kassian can fight and hit while Hodgson is purely offensive. This season is a big season for Kassian to show that he was worth trading for Hodgson because he is going into his 22 year old season, which was this season for Hodgson and Hodgson ended up putting 34 points in 48 games which is 0.7 PPG pace which would put him at around 60 points in a 82 game season. So I expect Kassian to atleast put up 50 points, and if he does I hope everyone shuts up cause if he can put 20g 30a and 100 Pims he is worth waaay more than Hodgson.

This is true but most of kass's points came with the twins and a pilon can get points with the twins. Care to enlighten me with the number of points the twins gave Cody? He played on the third line and worked for his points= they were his points. I'm not saying we should sill have Cody but think about your comparison for a moment.

I truly hope Torts gives Kassian the chance that AV never seemed to. Kassian needs to be put in a position to succeed. He will make mistakes, but ever player does, and the coaching staff needs to let him work through it, something AV never seemed to do. One little mistake and he threw Kassian on the fourth line playing with scrubs like Ebbett.

I want him to stick with the Sedins, especially during the playoffs when that line desperately needs some grit.

Realistically, I can imagine him playing 75-82 games (maybe a couple of minor injuries).

40 of those games will be with the Sedins.

20 of those games will be bouncing around the middle-6 (due to inconsistencies and other injuries).

20 of those games will be on the 4th line or in the press box (due to becoming invisible).

He's still a young player and will fight through inconsistent patches during the season, but when he'll play good, he'll play VERY well with the twins and control games.

That being said, I see him scoring 15-20 goals and good for around 40 points. Just a tad better than Pyatt with the twins.

I also expect Torts to give Kesler, Hansen and Burrows (maybe even Higgins) a solid shot with the twins when Kassian is off his game.

Archived