The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Philly

We have a need for a proven center ever since Malholtra shown us he is not the same player anymore and I believe Schroeder is not ready for the job. I believe he can play in this league but more as a winger. It is tough for a center in the NHL. You either come in and have it or you are thrown away or become a platoon guy for about 10 teams in your career.

So I suggest the following trade if someone would wave his no trade clause.

To Philly

Burrows

Hansen

Cannata

1st

To Van

B. Shenn

Read

We get that center who can fill our hole now and for the future as well as very promising right winger in Read. We pay alot to in this trade; but I believe this is one of those bold moves MG needs to make.

Philly has a log jam of centers even before they got Vinny. So trading Shenn won't hurt them at all. Couturier looks like he is ready for the 3rd line center job. And Philly gets to fill out there right side with Burrows and Hansen.

I know we have some centers in our sytem and sure if they show they can play now thats great. We can put them in the 3rd line role and move Shenn up to the second line to center Booth and Kesler.

Kes has shown in the past as well on our powerplay that he can play the wing and be very effective.

Also this will free up alot of cap space for the trade deadline and/or for the offseason. Only thing is we would either have to play Schoeder as our 4th line center or go get someone. I am more in favor of letting him play the wing on our 3rd line and signing someone like David Steckel to center the 4th.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / David Steckel ($1.100m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m)

Dale Weise ($0.750m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Chris Tanev ($1.500m) / Alexander Edler ($5.000m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Frank Corrado ($0.599m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,576,111; BONUSES: $2,350,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,073,889

We don't need Burrows. Kassian is our future with the Sedins and after they retire. Also Read maybe another Hansen but I believe he is going to be much better. Also I did say we were giving up alot to get that true center.

Thanks

And we have a couple in our system with one maybe making the transition this year.

Also if I thought Cannata and a 1st would fetch us Shenn I would do it; but I think Philly would want alot for him. He would've been there 2nd line center if not for picking up Vinny and he would have done well.

And we have a couple in our system with one maybe making the transition this year.

Also if I thought Cannata and a 1st would fetch us Shenn I would do it; but I think Philly would want alot for him. He would've been there 2nd line center if not for picking up Vinny and he would have done well.

We have a need for a proven center ever since Malholtra shown us he is not the same player anymore and I believe Schroeder is not ready for the job. I believe he can play in this league but more as a winger. It is tough for a center in the NHL. You either come in and have it or you are thrown away or become a platoon guy for about 10 teams in your career.

So I suggest the following trade if someone would wave his no trade clause.

To Philly

Burrows

Hansen

Cannata

1st

To Van

B. Shenn

Read

We get that center who can fill our hole now and for the future as well as very promising right winger in Read. We pay alot to in this trade; but I believe this is one of those bold moves MG needs to make.

Philly has a log jam of centers even before they got Vinny. So trading Shenn won't hurt them at all. Couturier looks like he is ready for the 3rd line center job. And Philly gets to fill out there right side with Burrows and Hansen.

I know we have some centers in our sytem and sure if they show they can play now thats great. We can put them in the 3rd line role and move Shenn up to the second line to center Booth and Kesler.

Kes has shown in the past as well on our powerplay that he can play the wing and be very effective.

Also this will free up alot of cap space for the trade deadline and/or for the offseason. Only thing is we would either have to play Schoeder as our 4th line center or go get someone. I am more in favor of letting him play the wing on our 3rd line and signing someone like David Steckel to center the 4th.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / David Steckel ($1.100m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m)

Dale Weise ($0.750m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Chris Tanev ($1.500m) / Alexander Edler ($5.000m)

Yannick Weber ($0.650m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Frank Corrado ($0.599m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,576,111; BONUSES: $2,350,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,073,889

Last I looked Schoeder has 31 games under his belt compared to Shenns 110 games. He is bigger than Schoeder and yes he maybe a inch shorter and give up the extra beef that Gaunce brings; but has already proven himself compared to the other two.

We let Gaunce play in the minors for a year or two than bring him up when he is ready. And if he proves he is ready now we move Shenn to the Second line with Kes on his right side.

F orgive my ignorance, I read cdc ever day. but post very rarely. And please correct me if I am wrong, but. B.Schenn 8g 18a and -8 , M.Read 11g 18a +1...... Burr 13g 11a +15 .. hanson 10g-17a +12. (philly- 19g 36a -7+/-) (nucks- 23g 27a +27+/-) . How are we better off with trading away great players for ok players?B

F orgive my ignorance, I read cdc ever day. but post very rarely. And please correct me if I am wrong, but. B.Schenn 8g 18a and -8 , M.Read 11g 18a +1...... Burr 13g 11a +15 .. hanson 10g-17a +12. (philly- 19g 36a -7+/-) (nucks- 23g 27a +27+/-) . How are we better off with trading away great players for ok players?B

Archived