The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best concert you've been to?

NikiShiz

Hey everyone! My friend and I were talking about the music industry and since selling music is no longer the best way artists can make money, being a good entertainer has become all that more important. SO I wanted to ask, who has been the best entertainer/group you've seen live?

A few years ago Madonna was in town and sold out BC Place, I was never a big fan but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see her and I'm glad I did! She put on a great show, especially at her age. It was pretty awesome.

Concert I wish I went to: When Michael Jackson announced his "This is it" tour a few Summers ago, I knew I HAD to be there. I was able to score some tickets when they went on Sale for the THIRD show! Unfortunately, my show ended up being pushed back to March because they weren't on schedule and ultimately, we all know he died and the concerts never happened. I genuinely believe this would have been the BEST concert I would have ever been to. I ended up keeping one of the tickets, which was later delivered to me w/ a copy of the booklet distributed during his memorial/ funeral.

mylove.jpg

What about you guys?

Hard to pick just one, so I'll list my favourites:

- Paul McCartney (seeing again next week)

- Daft Punk

- The Hives

- Blur (sans Graham Coxon)

- The Rolling Stones

- Dave Matthews Band (great when I saw them back in 2001)

- The White Stripes

- The Flaming Lips

- Beastie Boys

- Beck

Hard to pick just one, so I'll list my favourites:

- Paul McCartney (seeing again next week)

- Daft Punk

- The Hives

- Blur (sans Graham Coxon)

- The Rolling Stones

- Dave Matthews Band (great when I saw them back in 2001)

- The White Stripes

- The Flaming Lips

- Beastie Boys

- Beck

Hey everyone! My friend and I were talking about the music industry and since selling music is no longer the best way artists can make money, being a good entertainer has become all that more important. SO I wanted to ask, who has been the best entertainer/group you've seen live?

A few years ago Madonna was in town and sold out BC Place, I was never a big fan but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see her and I'm glad I did! She put on a great show, especially at her age. It was pretty awesome.

Concert I wish I went to: When Michael Jackson announced his "This is it" tour a few Summers ago, I knew I HAD to be there. I was able to score some tickets when they went on Sale for the THIRD show! Unfortunately, my show ended up being pushed back to March because they weren't on schedule and ultimately, we all know he died and the concerts never happened. I genuinely believe this would have been the BEST concert I would have ever been to. I ended up keeping one of the tickets, which was later delivered to me w/ a copy of the booklet distributed during his memorial/ funeral.

mylove.jpg

What about you guys?

I am at a toss up between Muse in Wembley a few years ago, the Stones in Toronto recently, Mcartney in Halifax or Janes addiction in GM Place for simple pleasure. But if it has to be hands down best concert toss up between Hard Rock Café in Ottawa when the Tragically HIp just randomly walked in and started playing, or a CD release from Pearl Jam in Seattle. It was awesome, band wasn't named, small little seedy bar with 1 unisex bathroom and a single serving bar. Pearl Jam comes out and frigging rocks the place for 3 hours it was incredible. Hoping the Dec 4th show is as good, but unlikely to have that intimate feel

Thought I would put down the worst concert I've ever been to. Hands down it was the Black Eyed Peas.

My wife and I had box seats to this horror show. Lowlight of the evening is when the BEP did a 17 minute version of "Row Row Row Your Boat." WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Archived