Best concert you've been to?

NikiShiz

I've only been to a handful of concerts

New Kids on the block

Garth Brooks

Up in smoke(Dre, Snoop, Em, etc)

50 cent

2 different Kanye ones

Up I'm smoke was probably my favorite though. Especially the after party at commodore. Where I met Snoop and also Numskull.

Garth Brooks was actually fun to, that's when I actually listened to country music.

Pantera and Soulfly in Seattle was ridiculously great. Throw in a cameo by Kerry King during Soulfly's tribal drum session and it was almost over the top. Never seen such an intense crowd even at Gwar, RATM, Godsmack (mind you the dueling drum set was entertaining as hell), and SOAD shows.

Dont laugh but Bon Jovi Slippery When wet tour ! That was unreal. They opened the show with " keep on Rockin in the free world !?! " amazing ! Middle of the show Jon flew over to the mixing stage via a cable and sang a few classics like "twist and shout" the stadium went nuts for 3 comebacks the concert lasted until 1 am :D

Van Halen in Calgary 2004 a close second. Eddie played a 45 minute guitar solo?! no joke it blew my mind o.O

oh man I forgot Iron Maiden Somewhere in time tour ! GnR opened and it was sic ! When the Giant Eddie figure came out and all the pyrotechnics exploded my newly bought tour shirt had a few burn holes on it. Possibly the loudest and cleanest sounding band i have ever heard live !

Oh wait i saw Rik Emmet(Triumph) live on Halloween way back at a small venue. Was standing one foot away while he wailed on the guitar. My buddy and guitar teacher at the time actually strummed his guitar while Rik was working the frets during "Follow your heart". The crowd was blown away at my buddies skills...all i got was one of his guitar pics :( lol

Led Zeppelin (in about 1902) ... if not for the sheer experience of it all ... long story, I wasn't quite 14 years old and was lucky to have made it there.

Pearl Jam (every single time but, in particular Sept. 2, 2005)

Matt Good acoustic show, Vancouver

Holly McNarland, Vancouver ECC

David Usher in the street (Richmond) for Winterfest...was a blast

Tragically Hip, UBC Thunderbird Stadium

Led Zeppelin (in about 1902) ... if not for the sheer experience of it all ... long story, I wasn't quite 14 years old and was lucky to have made it there.

IIRC, that was your hitchhiking story, right?

Yep, sure was 83. So bad, but so good. ;)

I'm having to miss some upcoming shows that I really want to see Niki...I'll be missing PJ for the first time in awhile. The Hip and Matthew Good too....just getting too pricey these days.

I've been to so many, it's hard to pick just one.

Right now though it has to be Paul McCartney at Safeco Field

Seeing him bring out the remaining members of Nirvana to jam was awesome!

Other recent greats:

Roger Waters - BC Place

Metallica - Rogers

Rammstein - Rogers

Imagine Dragons - Commodore

Nickelback - Rogers

Foxfest 2013 - Deer Lake Park

I Mother Earth - Commodore

Slash - QE Theatre

I go to far too many concerts though, and I find all of them the "best" in different ways.

Dont laugh but Bon Jovi Slippery When wet tour ! That was unreal. They opened the show with " keep on Rockin in the free world !?! " amazing ! Middle of the show Jon flew over to the mixing stage via a cable and sang a few classics like "twist and shout" the stadium went nuts for 3 comebacks the concert lasted until 1 am :D

Archived