The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Canucks sign Archibald

elvis15

As a 19 year old on a Plymouth team team filled with 19 and 20 year olds. Not really too impressive.

Lots of bigger players dominate as 19 and 20 year olds in junior and then go on to struggle at the next level because of their skating and hockey sense.

Archibald put up even more points than Sestito in Junior, and he went undrafted.

He was overrated in the sense that Canucks fans blew up when he was picked up on waivers but he was a very effective guy in a nucks uniform. He also needs more time in the AHL, which the Canucks were hopeing he would get when they sent him down but because he was picked up by the Caps he wasn't going to get that experience he needed, if he makes it back onto waivers and Canucks get the chance I'm sure they would try to pick him up again.

I'm not sure if this would be the first time I've ever agreed with you, but they would be an excellent crash/bang pair who can still be good in their own end and put in some points here and there. The likelihood of them making it over someone else, like Lain for instance, is pretty slim though. They'll be behind our better prospects, who could make top 9, and the others we've brought in, like Richardson, Santorelli and even Ferriero.

I dunno, I think Mallet and Archibald bring something that not all of our other prospects bring, which is nastiness. We need that type of pushback from our fourth line, it's way too tame.

I still remember a guy like Oreskovich stand there and do nothing as Daniel got run by Marchand. We can's have anymore of that. We need a fourth line that holds other teams accountable. And I can't see guys like Weise, Richardson, or Sestito doing that on a regular basis.

I can definitely see that from a Mallet-Archibald combination, where they don't need to chase hits, yet they add another dimension that make others think twice. I don't see them being defensive liabilities either, so I hope they give the others fighting for a Bottom-6 spot a run for their money.

I dunno, I think Mallet and Archibald bring something that not all of our other prospects bring, which is nastiness. We need that type of pushback from our fourth line, it's way too tame.

I still remember a guy like Oreskovich stand there and do nothing as Daniel got run by Marchand. We can's have anymore of that. We need a fourth line that holds other teams accountable. And I can't see guys like Weise, Richardson, or Sestito doing that on a regular basis.

I don't disagree, particularly with Richardson from what I know of him, although Sestito can be more of a fighter if directed to. Mallet and Archibald have a little ways to go to prove they can handle the NHL though, and another year as callups at best will serve them well I think.

Watching Archibald's and Mallet's highlights I think those two could turn some heads on the 4th line. Definetly worth trying them on the 4th line at some point during the season. Archibald looks like has a little bit of everything and Mallet looks to be the perfect 4th line center if he develops properly.

I wouldn't be comparing sestito to archibald for a number of reasons. Archibald as other's have noted stepped up into the AHL and showed he belonged. If he continues to develop we could end up with a nice bottom 6. He will for sure at some point get some NHL time. I liked what I saw in Chicago with him. Would love to see more. He needs a good year in the AHL.

I would like to see Mallet and Archibald up on the team for a few games. They have the play style to make the 4th line a very good energy line. Maybe get a guy like Vladimir Sobotka to give them a few pointers/provide a veteran presence on that line?

Why did he get a 2 year nhl contract then? Gillis obviously sees him in his "process" or he wouldn't have re signed him. Gillis loves his projects and I think Sestito is one. If Archibald outplays Sestito in camp you will see him up with the Canucks in Sestito's spot but I can tell you right now Sestito can be very effective in the 4th line role. I think he's too worried about dropping the gloves than his other parts of his game and I think he needs to focus more on different areas personally. He's a big big body for the 4th line and sometimes you need guys like that. I wouldn't be against Archibald AND Sestito on the same line... 6'3 and 6'5 would be fun to watch.

Archived