The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Canucks sign Archibald

elvis15

I'd really love to see Archibald take Weise's spot on the 4th line. He'd be a huge upgrade. He's bigger, tougher, can fight way better, hits, plays a hard nosed gritty style, and has better offensive skill. I want this guy in now. Now dammit now! Weise sucks. I'm very disappointed he was resigned. We need to get rid of useless plugs like him. We need depth up and down on all lines. Weise doesn't bring enough to the table.

I'd really love to see Archibald take Weise's spot on the 4th line. He'd be a huge upgrade. He's bigger, tougher, can fight way better, hits, plays a hard nosed gritty style, and has better offensive skill. I want this guy in now. Now dammit now! Weise sucks. I'm very disappointed he was resigned. We need to get rid of useless plugs like him. We need depth up and down on all lines. Weise doesn't bring enough to the table.

Understand your view, but have to disagree. I think Weise will ultimately prove valuable. He's gonna be a 'glue-guy'; who'll do anything for the club. Someday he may turn out like a Hansen-type. He has some shifts that really show potential.

Lain impressed with his skating at the AHL level. I heard the announcers praise his skating ability several times.

What he needs to show is that he's not just a one dimensional player. That he can do more than just win faceoffs and play decent defensively. Guys like Richardson and Gaunce can already do that, so he's gotta add some offense or physicality to his game.

Wishful thinking, since I don't think Archibald is quite ready yet. Lain may be, but the Canucks giving Sestito a 2-year deal is proof enough they don't think Archibald will be a lock for the 4th line spot this year or next.

If Archibald can take a similar jump next year I think he could maybe squeeze into the lineup for a 3 or 4 game call-up. He also added more fighting into his game, with 10 fights last season. Previously he had only 12 fights in his entire pro/junior career and never had more than 4 in a single season. He won't be an enforcer, but he will hit and stand-up for himself. He has size, good hands, and decent speed but I think he lacks some offensive awareness and seems to be inconsistent. If he can work on his skating and puck skills I think he could be a Steve Bernier type player.

Archived