The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any DJs on CDC?

nux4lyfe

Eh, I don't DJ anymore, I want to. I'd be a home DJ though because there is no way I can spin what people here in Vancity listen to, I'd rather just pull my ears out. I've used digital turntables though (I feel ashamed to even call that DJing) and made mixes on my soundcloud for about a year. That's long gone now as right now it's either one or the other in my stance, as at the time I was learning both DJing and Producing. I chose producing instead. So I do have knowledge of DJing, and do have a knowledge of how to use turntables, but I don't do it.

If I did indulge though, I'd probably buy some Numarks & use my novation launchpad with it and use samples/clips in the mixes. Odds are I won't do that for a loongg time though.

I'm curious though, you asked the question, so I'll ask you back, how's DJing for you? What exactly do you do with your DJing skills?

Eh, I don't DJ anymore, I want to. I'd be a home DJ though because there is no way I can spin what people here in Vancity listen to, I'd rather just pull my ears out. I've used digital turntables though (I feel ashamed to even call that DJing) and made mixes on my soundcloud for about a year. That's long gone now as right now it's either one or the other in my stance, as at the time I was learning both DJing and Producing. I chose producing instead. So I do have knowledge of DJing, and do have a knowledge of how to use turntables, but I don't do it.

If I did indulge though, I'd probably buy some Numarks & use my novation launchpad with it and use samples/clips in the mixes. Odds are I won't do that for a loongg time though.

I'm curious though, you asked the question, so I'll ask you back, how's DJing for you? What exactly do you do with your DJing skills?

That's pretty cool, and yeah, that's probably the part I hate the most about DJing, is you have to spin what others like. It does kill your vibe, because as a DJ you should pump up the crowd, be ecstatic, go crazy, but if I'm not playing the music that gets me into that mood, I'm not going to go put on a mask and pretend I like it. That's the main reason why I took producing instead too. I mean, if I do get good enough one day, and I get gigs with MY music, under MY artist name. Then I can play what I like, what I produce, which would be golden. It's unlikely, but hey, y'never know.

I'm jealous you're a vinyl head, and 12 years, jeez, lots of experience there, must've had some crazy nights.

i used to a super long time ago. it was fun but hard to find gigs and expensive. that was way back with vinyl, which was apain in the ass to lug around.

did some producing if you like breaks (just noticed there is someone else with my name

anyways, just finished school and dusted off the midi controller and upgraded to live nine. i got some spare time so why not make beats! B)

That's pretty cool, and yeah, that's probably the part I hate the most about DJing, is you have to spin what others like. It does kill your vibe, because as a DJ you should pump up the crowd, be ecstatic, go crazy, but if I'm not playing the music that gets me into that mood, I'm not going to go put on a mask and pretend I like it. That's the main reason why I took producing instead too. I mean, if I do get good enough one day, and I get gigs with MY music, under MY artist name. Then I can play what I like, what I produce, which would be golden. It's unlikely, but hey, y'never know.

I'm jealous you're a vinyl head, and 12 years, jeez, lots of experience there, must've had some crazy nights.

i used to a super long time ago. it was fun but hard to find gigs and expensive. that was way back with vinyl, which was apain in the ass to lug around.

did some producing https://soundcloud.com/enrock if you like breaks (just noticed there is someone else with my name

anyways, just finished school and dusted off the midi controller and upgraded to live nine. i got some spare time so why not make beats! B)

That's exactly how I feel man! I don't want to be forced to play what I don't like, I understand that you have to as a dj but it's just not me.

Like 90's hip hop inspired me to pick up the art, it was that music, that feeling and that sound is why I did it for...I just don't get how some dj's claimed how much they loved hip hop and that they were real hip hop dj's all of a sudden became house/dub step dj's and never play a single hip hop track (which is why they became djs in the first place) in their sets.

Just kinda shows you that some people just do it because they think it's either cool or try to make a quick buck.

Yeah! I've had some really fun and epic nights man, miss that feeling...but also at the same time had some terrible experiences also!

did some producing https://soundcloud.com/enrock if you like breaks (just noticed there is someone else with my name

Yeah, I mean although I produce EDM (Drum & Bass in particular), the house music nowadays, at least the mainstream crap is terrible (opinion, feel free to disagree). It's all pretty generic crap, same kick, same synths, same style. It's pretty brutal.

Just have a listen at this, top 100 beatport songs, 16 of which are ripped off beatport and put into this quick mix. https://soundcloud.c...ri/epic-mashleg

It's terrible. I want to rip out my ears (As said earlier).

Archived