The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Establishment

T-rex930

Yep. I was right about everything. Large mafia group + Mafia members voting each other out + NightHawkSniper as the Sheriff.

Pretty much knew who was the mafia once they piled in the votes for me at the end.

Peaches.. sigh.. :picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:

Lemons would have saved me from the mafia vote. TP would have killed JE14 and than AT and than Kiwis.

Being dead, I had fun observing events; being mafia, I knew a bit of what went on behind the scenes. (Not all, though.) Anyway, I wrote up a little report of what I saw unfold at the end of each round.

Round 1: We discussed sacrificing one of our own, and before long it became clear that I was the best choice, thanks for my reputation earning me some attention in the thread. A few of my teammates leapt on the bandwagon and got me lynched. Their rationale was pure BS, and they knew it, but it had the fortunate side effect of setting off Intoewsables' BS meter and pushing him into defending me.

Round 2: As a result, it was easy for the mafia to subtly push the Intoewsables lynch, getting rid of a big potential threat and leaving the remaining mafia safely hidden in the larger group.

Round 3: This round was my favourite, even despite being dead. :P Pure dominance by the mafia here, as they set up another sacrifice, this time GFY. I don't know exactly went on behind the scenes, but the gambit with Beluga Whale was planned from the get-go as I recall, and when BW used it to attack GFY, it was easy for the Mafiosos to "spread out" amongst the factions. JE led the charge against his teammate, and when it got off to a slow start due to the RC vote, Alchemy Time stepped up and got the bandwagon rolling. Kiwis, VIC, and Federer played up the "clueless TP just trying to do the right thing" shtick, while shiznak just lurked as usual, staying out of it completely. GFY flailed around in defense, hamming it up and allowing his teammates to continue to hide and pull the strings.

Round 4: It looks like it will be smooth sailing for JE to lead the TP to their doom, but NHS throws a wrench into the plans by announcing he's in contact with the real Sheriff and JE and AT are confirmed mafia. The game teeters on this information, but JE counters his claims well enough to keep the vote on RC for this round.

Round 5: NHS ups his attack on JE, but his inexperience leads to his downfall. The veteran JE is able to poke holes in his argument, and it seems NHS was even provoked him into lashing out verbally as well. NHS' character is basically assassinated, and the poor guy faces the noose himself, even despite his desperate revelation as being the Sheriff himself. But now the truth is out - if NHS is TP after all, then perhaps he was telling the truth...

Round 6: Oh wow. What an absolutely ridiculous day of events.

So it starts off with a vote against Apples. Gains a bit of steam, otherwise nothing special.

Then Apples comes out of lurking and starts piecing together the various holes in JE's story. He, Lemons, JE, and Alchemy then launch into pages and pages of debate and accusation and discussion, with Apples and Lemons eventually coalescing into an alliance as they realise they had been played by JE and AT right from the beginning. (And the other mafia, of course.) JE and AT argue back, attacking Apples. Blueberries switches over to the Fruit side (figures, eh?), Peaches jumps around doing who-knows-what, while the rest of the players sit back and watch.

The debate eventually dissolved into he-said-he-said nonsense. JE and Lemons step back, and AT and Apples go at it for awhile. But I suspect that was on purpose - AT really hammed it up. (Correct me if I'm wrong, AT.) Finally, near the end Peaches settles on voting for Apples. Then Kiwis does. Then, in at the buzzer before the deadline, VIC and Federer jump on the vote as well.

The mafia are going for it. They stuff the vote in the final minutes and get Apples lynched. What a ballsy move.

Game over.

My personal thoughts:

-What dominance by the mafia. I'm sorry, TP, but they had this in control right from the beginning. They sacrificed me, GFY, and shiznak just to set up JE as credible. They sowed confusion and chaos behind the scenes with various "Sheriff" stories. They beat down NHS when he tried to step up to lead the TP. They pulled off an absolutely ballsy move at the very end, stuffing the vote with seconds to go to secure their victory. Just all around a fantastic team effort. :)

-It was actually pretty cool to watch Apples and Lemons and Blueberries slowly begin to realise what had happened, and try to salvage a TP win. Great effort, guys. Unfortunately, the numbers were against you. But you salvaged your dignity, at least. ;)

-Also credit to NHS and BW for their attempts to take control of the TP. Unfortunately, I feel inexperience cost you guys. JE is a veteran of this game and it showed.

-I had fun observing. Thanks for making it interesting for us dead folks. Intoewsables and I had a great time discussing events as they unfolded via PM. :)

Being dead, I had fun observing events; being mafia, I knew a bit of what went on behind the scenes. (Not all, though.) Anyway, I wrote up a little report of what I saw unfold at the end of each round.

Round 1: We discussed sacrificing one of our own, and before long it became clear that I was the best choice, thanks for my reputation earning me some attention in the thread. A few of my teammates leapt on the bandwagon and got me lynched. Their rationale was pure BS, and they knew it, but it had the fortunate side effect of setting off Intoewsables' BS meter and pushing him into defending me.

Round 2: As a result, it was easy for the mafia to subtly push the Intoewsables lynch, getting rid of a big potential threat and leaving the remaining mafia safely hidden in the larger group.

Round 3: This round was my favourite, even despite being dead. :P Pure dominance by the mafia here, as they set up another sacrifice, this time GFY. I don't know exactly went on behind the scenes, but the gambit with Beluga Whale was planned from the get-go as I recall, and when BW used it to attack GFY, it was easy for the Mafiosos to "spread out" amongst the factions. JE led the charge against his teammate, and when it got off to a slow start due to the RC vote, Alchemy Time stepped up and got the bandwagon rolling. Kiwis, VIC, and Federer played up the "clueless TP just trying to do the right thing" shtick, while shiznak just lurked as usual, staying out of it completely. GFY flailed around in defense, hamming it up and allowing his teammates to continue to hide and pull the strings.

Round 4: It looks like it will be smooth sailing for JE to lead the TP to their doom, but NHS throws a wrench into the plans by announcing he's in contact with the real Sheriff and JE and AT are confirmed mafia. The game teeters on this information, but JE counters his claims well enough to keep the vote on RC for this round.

Round 5: NHS ups his attack on JE, but his inexperience leads to his downfall. The veteran JE is able to poke holes in his argument, and it seems NHS was even provoked him into lashing out verbally as well. NHS' character is basically assassinated, and the poor guy faces the noose himself, even despite his desperate revelation as being the Sheriff himself. But now the truth is out - if NHS is TP after all, then perhaps he was telling the truth...

So it starts off with a vote against Apples. Gains a bit of steam, otherwise nothing special.

Then Apples comes out of lurking and starts piecing together the various holes in JE's story. He, Lemons, JE, and Alchemy then launch into pages and pages of debate and accusation and discussion, with Apples and Lemons eventually coalescing into an alliance as they realise they had been played by JE and AT right from the beginning. (And the other mafia, of course.) JE and AT argue back, attacking Apples. Blueberries switches over to the Fruit side (figures, eh?), Peaches jumps around doing who-knows-what, while the rest of the players sit back and watch.

The debate eventually dissolved into he-said-he-said nonsense. JE and Lemons step back, and AT and Apples go at it for awhile. But I suspect that was on purpose - AT really hammed it up. (Correct me if I'm wrong, AT.) Finally, near the end Peaches settles on voting for Apples. Then Kiwis does. Then, in at the buzzer before the deadline, VIC and Federer jump on the vote as well.

The mafia are going for it. They stuff the vote in the final minutes and get Apples lynched. What a ballsy move.

Game over.

My personal thoughts:

-What dominance by the mafia. I'm sorry, TP, but they had this in control right from the beginning. They sacrificed me, GFY, and shiznak just to set up JE as credible. They sowed confusion and chaos behind the scenes with various "Sheriff" stories. They beat down NHS when he tried to step up to lead the TP. They pulled off an absolutely ballsy move at the very end, stuffing the vote with seconds to go to secure their victory. Just all around a fantastic team effort. :)

-It was actually pretty cool to watch Apples and Lemons and Blueberries slowly begin to realise what had happened, and try to salvage a TP win. Great effort, guys. Unfortunately, the numbers were against you. But you salvaged your dignity, at least. ;)

-Also credit to NHS and BW for their attempts to take control of the TP. Unfortunately, I feel inexperience cost you guys. JE is a veteran of this game and it showed.

-I had fun observing. Thanks for making it interesting for us dead folks. Intoewsables and I had a great time discussing events as they unfolded via PM. :)

tl;dr version: Mafia dominated right from the beginning. Apples and Lemons figured it out near the end, but yeah, too little too late.

Game over.

My personal thoughts:

tl;dr version: Mafia dominated right from the beginning. Apples and Lemons figured it out near the end, but yeah, too little too late.

***MAFIA WINS***********

1. Alchemy Time [MAFIA]

2. Where's Wellwood [Doctor]

3. Peaches [TP]

4. Go Faulk Yourself [mafia]

5. mau5trap [serial Killer]

6. Kiwis [Kingpin]

7. JE14 [Mafia]

8. Apples [TP]

9. Captain Aerosex [TP]

10. Kryten [Vig]

11. Intoewsables [TP]