The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Establishment

T-rex930

Good game by the mafia, well done. However, I do have to say that it was made all the easier for you guys when 3/4 of the TP are non-contributing posters (especially in the early rounds). You lurkers and one-liners make the game that much harder for other TP, thanks for nothing! That being said, I also contributed to the smackdown, was not aware at all about signing in anonymously to avoid people checking out PM's (this was my second game ever, or first if you don't count my getting vig killed in the first round of my first game).

Anyways, count me in for the next one.

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

1. Master Radishes

2. Kiwis

3. Lemons

4. JE14

5. mikeyboy44

6 Go Faulk Yourself

7. VICanucksfan5551

8. Apples

9. Gally

10. Beluga Whale

11. Intoewsables

12. Where's Wellwood

13. Captain Aerosex

14. Federer

15. TheRussianRocket

16. Kryten

17. SOB for MVP

18. Pierre's_Monster

19. shiznak

20.Burrdaman

21.Blueberries

Peaches :picard:

I'm gonna try and contain everything in my one remaining post.

HAHA APPLES! EVERYTHING I SAID WAS A LIE!

WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON!

Okay, I'm done gloating.

First, Credit.

Credit to Apples, you had everything pretty much figured out at the end, you were way smarter then we mafia gave you credit for.

Credit to my mafia buddies, in total I estimate we had over 1000 pm posts in each of our various PMs, most of which were in the main discussion PM, which had about 700 pm posts of deviousness and plotting. They set up back-up plans for our back-up plans, causing complete confusion for everyone else.

Credit to Peaches, for being the mafia teams MVP, we couldn't have won without you.

And Credit to T-rex, way to leave on a high note! Easily the best game of mafia I've ever played, also the first one I've won. I hope you join the next game, I'd like to see how you play.

And now, apologies.

Apologies to Apples, at the end things got a bit intense and I may have crossed the line. I'm sorry, no hard feelings?

Apologies to Peaches, I truly felt bad tricking you, I'm sorry(although, for future reference, it's not super smart to trust someone blindly for no reason at the beginning of the game). We still bros?

Apologies to NightHawkSniper, It was wrong to call you crazy, it was all an attempt to make Apples' arguments sound rediculous. I crossed the line though, and I'm sorry. No hard feelings?

Also Apologies to Hamhuis Hipcheck, who I acted like a dick to in a different thread due to my frustrations from Mafia.

If there was anyone else I offended, I apologize.

I think I need a break from mafia, I'll probably wait till the game after this next one to join again.

Now if you excuse me I need to let my daily post count go down.

I think there are a number of reasons the TP lost, but if we want to chalk it up to a single main one, you can't blame Peaches or Gally. Blame yourselves for being sheep and blindly following the mafia's voting. I mean, all credit to JE for his deception, but there were holes in his story. NHS was the only guy until the final round who tried to stand up to him, but JE basically bullied him into discreditibility and everyone followed him without much question. And then even after NHS was revealed to be TP, everyone still blindly followed JE for another round.

This is why I said so insistently at the beginning of the game (and Kryten and Lemons are saying now) that we need a majority of players to be actively participating on a regular basis. Not every round is going to be like this last round (god I hope not), and there are always going to be a few lurkers for sure. But if you sign up for a game, make sure you have enough time to commit to a few minutes a day of reading through posts, thinking about what you've read, making a few posts to contribute to the discussion, and casting a vote. Shouldn't take up more than 20-30 minutes of your day, tops.

I realise it's only a fun little forum game, but it's still something you're committing to for a week or so. Once you sign up you have a responsibility to your fellow players to actually participate, otherwise you're ruining the game for everyone. Understandably life can get in the way, of course, but we just have too many lurkers every game, in my opinion.

On another note, back in the day we kindly required players to not ever edit their posts, because occasionally someone would go back to a previous post and change what it said in order to manipulate the game. There was no punishment for doing so, really, other than any votes in a post that had been edited were nullified. Any interest in doing this again? I ask because as I was tallying up votes last night for T-rex I realised how easy it would have been for a player to go back ten pages and quietly edit their vote without anyone noticing. No one did, obviously, 'cause you're all honourable players. ;) But just as a preventative measure, I wouldn't mind seeing a soft rule against not post editing.

On another note, back in the day we kindly required players to not ever edit their posts, because occasionally someone would go back to a previous post and change what it said in order to manipulate the game. There was no punishment for doing so, really, other than any votes in a post that had been edited were nullified. Any interest in doing this again? I ask because as I was tallying up votes last night for T-rex I realised how easy it would have been for a player to go back ten pages and quietly edit their vote without anyone noticing. No one did, obviously, 'cause you're all honourable players. ;) But just as a preventative measure, I wouldn't mind seeing a soft rule against not post editing.

Archived