The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not re signing Lapierre will come back to bite the Canucks

мeтpо

Guest Pinchin

Burr gives plenty of BS and I like his game.

Liked Lappy,too.Going to miss him.

We are all Canucks,Well,most of us.

Comparing what Burr does for the team to what Lappy does is silly. Also we've seen a huge decrease in the yapping that Burr does.

You may like and miss who ever you wish. The team won't miss him when the season starts and that's all that matters.

Guest Pinchin

Comparing what Burr does for the team to what Lappy does is silly. Also we've seen a huge decrease in the yapping that Burr does.

You may like and miss who ever you wish. The team won't miss him when the season starts and that's all that matters.

The fact the Canucks needed to try new things in their bottom 6 which clearly needed a shake up. Just like AV was a good coach, Lappy was a good bottom 6 role player, but just wasnt able to elevate to the next level with the Canucks. Plus the Canucks need to inject new life into the team.

Burr gives us something Lappy never did or could, goals. I hope Burr tones down the douchery this season again, if he doesn't he will suffer the same indifference from officials he has had in the past. If Tort does decide to change up the top line and put Burr with Kesler then I hope he learns to stop biting and start hitting.

He just isn't very good and I won't miss him at all. There is too much love for replaceable players. If this team cannot replace his skillset from within, then this team is far far away from having the depth it thinks it has.

I've said it many times before I liked Lappy but he had to go.

Improving the Canucks rep with the refs is worth a 50-goal scorer based on last season's playoffs.

Perhaps other players should be considered being traded if it would help the Canucks standing with the league.

Guest Pinchin

Hard to say. I mean I think Burr is wicked talented and he could play almost anywhere. I always liked his game way back when he played with Kesler. Is he going to score as many points? Depends on Kesler but I think Burrows and Kes could get that chemistry back in a short time and Burrows would be exactly what Kesler needs. A guy to do the dirty work and open him up. Overall I think hhis game would change very little. Less cycling that's for sure.

just to be clear that last post wasn't directed at you either. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Guest Pinchin

To be fair, Burr significantly toned down his game last year and I think that will continue into this season. He showed +++ discipline the number of times he was given questionable penalties. Credit where credit is due.

Not sure if wording in title is meant to be a joke or not...

Anyway - I liked Lappy, and would have liked to see him back here. As others have said - not as much as I'd like to see Torres back here. The fact is though, that 4th line players *shouldn't* be hard to find. I mean, we haven't typically had the best 4th lines in the league for a long time but still, you'd THINK it would be easy to find such players. Plus, opening up a spot on the 4th provides an opportunity to get a younger guy in there, like Schroeder. (Not that he's a stereotypical 4th liner by any stretch)

Lappy had the last 2 years to take the 3C spot and run with it but failed miserably. Only thing he was good at was penalty killing (if he wasn't already in the box), and faceoffs. A third line center has to be able to shut down the opposing teams top guys and chip in offensively here and there. Not once every 10 games.

Lappy was an ok 4th liner. He wont bite us in the ass. He is insignificant. We need a better 4th line if we want to win it all. We could use the better rep with the refs that not having Lappy will give us, as well.

Archived