The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not re signing Lapierre will come back to bite the Canucks

мeтpо

Guest Pinchin

I don't know man. There are so many to choose from. Tanev, Bieksa, Higgins, and any Canuck prospect come to mind off the top of my head although those are just current ones. Dig into the past and the idiocy of overrating good but not great players to superstar status takes on a life of it's own.

Guest Pinchin

Torress Lappy and Hansen was one of the best lines we've had..but nope, let's sign crap players and let go the ones that actually made some noise.

Vigneault almost always preferred the extra size and defence. But still went with Roy over Lapierre last season.

They need and want offence from the 3rd line. But it's like they don't want to hurt the feelings of the top line players by admitting it. So they keep trying to fill that spot with a player with limited offensive upside.

But the Canucks have looked best when the 3rd line is scoring. Raymond Wellwood Bernier, Torres Malhotra Hansen, Higgins Hodgson Schroeder Hansen.

Lapierre would be great for the 4th line. But that's not great for him.

He is too fresh to have people say he is Hamhuis in the making, worth a huge contract right now, top 4 on most teams in the league etc. too. That is my point about Tanev especially actually. He is steady and safe and is a good young player but has not shown anything to consider him to be a core player or key irreplaceable piece like much of CDC does.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kassian...or anyone smash that dirtbag smirk off his face. There are very few Canucks I have been happier to see leave, Brown, Messier and Cooke and the only ones above Lappy off the top of my head. Hopefully he can rally our team to destroy St Louis like he rallied our competition to play to the next level over the last few seasons.

Guest Pinchin

Geez, dude. You have a serious hate on for him, huh? Did he run over your dog or something?

It's okay. *pat pat* The smirky man is gone. You can relax now.

Guest Pinchin

He is too fresh to have people say he is Hamhuis in the making, worth a huge contract right now, top 4 on most teams in the league etc. too. That is my point about Tanev especially actually. He is steady and safe and is a good young player but has not shown anything to consider him to be a core player or key irreplaceable piece like much of CDC does.

Archived