The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Not re signing Lapierre will come back to bite the Canucks

мeтpо

Torres was a much more oppressive physical asset to deploy, faster and hit harder than Lapierre ever did. And related, but just as valuable was that he could joust with big forwards in a defensive role. SJ proved he still could move up to lines 1 & 2 when called upon as well, something we never tried (even though his status as a #5 overall pick suggested he had talent somewhere up his whazoo).

Lapierre will be missed, but much more readily replaced than Torres.

The guy had a lot of upside. Things like this:

out shone that up side. Mix all that with the constant chirping and yapping and he needs to go. Players like him don't last under Torts.

I like him but he hurt the team more than he helped the team. He's Sean Avery light.

Yeah we need a team with a bunch of sweethearts on it. That's how we "win over the refs". God, even the term "win over the refs" is absolutely ridiculous. Getting rid of every single agitator that's been effective for the Canucks isn't the answer.

I kinda wish we would have kept him too. I don't think it will bite us in the ass as at the end of the day he is just a solid depth forward. I feel like he was better when he was chirping opponents and really getting involved in the game. Still though he's physical, not really a dirty hitter, works hard and stands up for his teammates. Wouldn't have minded resigning him.

Archived