The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Phoenix could host an All-Star Game in near future

First, the NHL needs to honour their commitment to Columbus because they had their ASG cancelled this year.

The soonest they could have theirs would be 2015 since there will be no ASG this season due to the Olympics.

lol everyone saying Phoenix won't be there long enough to host the game. Really? You still believe that? I think Bettman and the NHL are pretty clear that they aren't giving up on that market anytime soon.

Now I personally (like many people) could not possibly care any less about the All Star Game. However when I was a little kid I thought it was pretty cool. I am sure the NHL is aiming at getting some kids into the building and watching hockey. The obvious hope being that they will create some fans.

I have no problem as lots of people can get there dirt cheap but I don't think they should relocate. I've been there once the year they made the playoffs to one game in the regular season and they filled out most of the arena in a game against the Dallas flipping Stars so honestly if they can get enough attention with players like OEL, Riberio and Smith and they start to fill up their barn I don't see why they should move. We should just expand to Seattle and Quebec and relocate a Florida team to the west to even out the conferences cause they don't need two freaking teams in Florida.

This seems like such a desperate move to save an obviously failing franchise; the people I feel bad for is the fans of the Coyotes; you know they are there.

The fans that have been around since Roenick, Tkachuk, Khabbibulin, people make fun of Phoenix, but they don't deserve it; they've put up one helluva team considering the bullcrap they've had to put up with over the last few years.

I just wish things would end so that everybody could move on and get some closure regarding the whole thing; having your team's future being so insecure;

Can you imagine if it was Vancouver that was in this situation?

How heartbroken would you be to see guys like Kesler, Burrows & Bieksa just up and gone to another city for nothing because the franchise didn't get enough support; As a fan, it makes my stomach turn.

Archived