The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat to NJD?

Mangoes

Horvat or someone else?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not Canucks talk and doesn't matter cause every team has different needs. Case in point: we needed a centre and got Horvat. Devils might have needed a winger and took someone else.

Talk about beating up a dead horse....and don't be surprised if Schneider leaves Jersey in 2 years when his contract is up. This year he'll be playing behind Marty and next year if Brodeur retires he will finally get to be a legit starter. Devils are in a rebuild, Schneider is in his prime, and I'm sure he'd rather win than stick with them. If that's the case, Canucks easily win this trade and Schneider fanboys/MG haters stop crying.

Not Canucks talk and doesn't matter cause every team has different needs. Case in point: we needed a centre and got Horvat. Devils might have needed a winger and took someone else.

Talk about beating up a dead horse....and don't be surprised if Schneider leaves Jersey in 2 years when his contract is up. This year he'll be playing behind Marty and next year if Brodeur retires he will finally get to be a legit starter. Devils are in a rebuild, Schneider is in his prime, and I'm sure he'd rather win than stick with them. If that's the case, Canucks easily win this trade and Schneider fanboys/MG haters stop crying.

That's a stupid reply using a terrible example on how we would win the trade if Schneider opts to not resign with NJ once his contracts up.

Clearly if that trade was not made, the assumption would've been to trade Luongo and keep Schneider as our franchise golie of the future.

I'm not saying I am unhappy with the trade, I actually like it. But your basis to judge whether we won the trade depends on whether Schneider resigns with NJ is comical, because he more than likely would've resigned with us had we gotten rid of Luongo.

In regards to who won the trade, we can only determine this 4-5 years from now after we see what Schneider can do in a few full 82 game seasons, and Horvat brings to the table on the Canucks roster. As of right now the trade stands a proven all-star worthy golie for an unproven prospect with a high-to-moderate ceiling.

Horvat fanboys/MG lovers stop being in denial.

That's a stupid reply using a terrible example on how we would win the trade if Schneider opts to not resign with NJ once his contracts up.

Clearly if that trade was not made, the assumption would've been to trade Luongo and keep Schneider as our franchise golie of the future.

I'm not saying I am unhappy with the trade, I actually like it. But your basis to judge whether we won the trade depends on whether Schneider resigns with NJ is comical, because he more than likely would've resigned with us had we gotten rid of Luongo.

In regards to who won the trade, we can only determine this 4-5 years from now after we see what Schneider can do in a few full 82 game seasons, and Horvat brings to the table on the Canucks roster. As of right now the trade stands a proven all-star worthy golie for an unproven prospect with a high-to-moderate ceiling.

Horvat fanboys/MG lovers stop being in denial.

I don't really know if that's an accurate statement. Let's say we trade Lou for a pick and then re-sign Schnieder in two years and Horvat scores 50 goals that year as we win the cup. I'd say we definitely won the deal.

The fact that Schneider is on a mid career deal that could see him bust in 2 years or else skyrocket and be too expensive is definitely a worthy factor in weighing the trade.

This isn't poker though and we're not talking about who went in with the best hand, we're talking about who won the hand. It's entirely conceivable that we win it. If NJ doesn't do anything and Schnieds walks while Horvat becomes a good player for us we win. Plain and simple, sure we could have milked them for more but we still won the pot.

Lol you say this isn't poker then go on to use poker as an analogy... just found that amusing.

Sorry we lost the trade in every way possible, it would be the same as saying the Canucks won the Ballard trade because Florida gave up on Grabner and Bernier and their First round pick hasn't blossomed yet.

We lost the trade no matter what because we didn't or couldn't milk them for maximum value out of Schnieds. The product we gave them was a refined NHL goalie capable of starting and stealing games. What we got in return was an unpolished unrefined propsect who may or may not make it to the NHL.

Yes we may look back on the trade and say that Horvat was the better player out of the deal but if we could have gotten more, then the Canucks lost the trade.

Archived