The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Army article: Catching up with Zack Kassian's trainer

LeanBeef

How? because people like you can't see that there's bust written all over him?

He plays softer than Taylor Pyatt, and has shown nothing to be excited about. The only time he has produced is when he played with the Sedins, and anyone can produce with them.

The guy is super lazy on the ice, and is always leaving the point man open. Not only that, he was brought in to play big and hit, yet you have midgets like Cory Conacher throwing more hits than him in the season / playoffs.

There's a reason why he was stapled to the 4th line.

Aside from all the bickering in this thread...

I'm happy to hear that Kassian is trying to get stronger and lose some body fat by eating clean and such, but I'm still a little worried that his conditioning is going to be lacking again this year.

To play and stay in the big leagues a big power forward like Kassian needs to be able to last on the ice longer than a 40 year old veteran.

He has hands, he has size, he can fight, score, and even pass, but the guy gets too tired too fast. IMHO, it is his skating that will make or break his career. I definitely do not think he is a bust (anyone calling him that at this moment in his career is just wrong) but I am also withholding too much optimism. The potential is there, and it is great, only time will tell.

If I had to wager a guess, I would predict he will in fact be our Lucic one day. ML does not put up a ton of points for Boston, but he is a mean physical force for them who helps with some secondary scoring. Not a superstar sniper, just a good PWFD that every team will be wishing they had. Especially Buffalo after they lose or overpay for CoHo :D

Aside from all the bickering in this thread...

I'm happy to hear that Kassian is trying to get stronger and lose some body fat by eating clean and such, but I'm still a little worried that his conditioning is going to be lacking again this year.

To play and stay in the big leagues a big power forward like Kassian needs to be able to last on the ice longer than a 40 year old veteran.

He has hands, he has size, he can fight, score, and even pass, but the guy gets too tired too fast. IMHO, it is his skating that will make or break his career. I definitely do not think he is a bust (anyone calling him that at this moment in his career is just wrong) but I am also withholding too much optimism. The potential is there, and it is great, only time will tell.

If I had to wager a guess, I would predict he will in fact be our Lucic one day. ML does not put up a ton of points for Boston, but he is a mean physical force for them who helps with some secondary scoring. Not a superstar sniper, just a good PWFD that every team will be wishing they had. Especially Buffalo after they lose or overpay for CoHo :D

Wayyyyy too early to be labelled bust.

Both Pyatt and Kass are decent along the boards, But both do not use their size enough, thats for sure.

He absolutely regressed/faded part way thru the season. It showed with some very lazy defensive lapses.

It was fair he was used in a lesser role on the 4th line.

People forget he was playing injured.

So...clean slate.

We have seen hints of what he can do, and this will be a big season for everyone, especially Kass.

I have zero expectations until i see what he will be bringing.

Wayyyyy too early to be labelled bust.

Both Pyatt and Kass are decent along the boards, But both do not use their size enough, thats for sure.

He absolutely regressed/faded part way thru the season. It showed with some very lazy defensive lapses.

It was fair he was used in a lesser role on the 4th line.

People forget he was playing injured.

So...clean slate.

We have seen hints of what he can do, and this will be a big season for everyone, especially Kass.

I have zero expectations until i see what he will be bringing.

Archived