The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another Lineup Proposal

I don't think Horvat and Shinkaruk will be ready, but Gaunce will be for sure, I think he has 4 points in 2 games in the exhibition games in World Junior Camp if i'm not mistaken, and he was playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.

And why play Jensen on the 4th line?

I don't think Horvat and Shinkaruk will be ready, but Gaunce will be for sure, I think he has 4 points in 2 games in the exhibition games in World Junior Camp if i'm not mistaken, and he was playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.

And why play Jensen on the 4th line?

This is for next season, UNLESS the young guns prove themselves NHL ready this season...

If horvat and shinkaruk meet their expectations in the AHL this season, then for the sake of argument lets say they will be considered NHL ready next season. In this case, who would you take out of this lineup to make room for schroeder? IMHO there is no logical spot..

Horvat and Shinkurak aren't eligible to play in the AHL so they have to go back to the juniors.

Schroeder is a lot more ready than Gaunce.

Also, if the only place for Jensen to go was the 4th line, we would play him in the Minors instead.

Agreed, Horvat and Hunter SHOULD play at least a year in the juniors.. this lineup is for next season. That being said, Jensen is on the fourth line because, if horvat and shinkaruk meet their expectations this season in the juniors, then he would not be not as good as the guys in the top 9. Its either this, or he doesnt make the team next season.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian -------> 20-23 minutes

Booth - Kesler - Schroeder -------> 20 minutes

Burrows - Horvat - Jensen -------> 10-15 minutes

Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen -------> 10-15 minutes

If Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen are ready this is the most likely line up. Having Kassian and Jensen on the fourth line is just a waste of potential. With this line up we could have a 3a 3b system since we would essentially have two third lines that would get equal amount of ice time.

Haha....Hahahahahahaha........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

You..... really think... that Shinkaruk and Horvat are good enough to play in the NHL in 2014? They are barely good enough to make the junior Canada team and you think they're good enough to play against men? Funny.

Archived