The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

HTania

Devine intervention in this case wasn't even needed, however, as her life was in no danger and the other, competent fire department was already en route.

Perhaps he was the patron saint of unnecessary assistance.

That's the thing, though. Those that have claimed to have experienced divine intervention do not come out of it saying, "Well there was certainly a greater power at work here; but to be honest, I wish that it was for a life threatening scenario." Those that are spiritual that believe that this happens from time to time, would claim that there is always a purpose to what happens, whether large or small.

What a load of crap. That wasn't a catholic priest, it was a pirate (everyone knows that real pirates aren't particularly photogenic). Everyone at the site was calm because the smell of spaghetti is quite soothing as the FSM, who had just finished planting more dinosaur bones in the area, heard their call and showed up just in time. Hannibal Fire Dept didn't show up on their own, they were brought briskly forth by His Noodly Appendage. We should all give thanks to the FSM on this fine, fine Friday by drinking as much beer as possible. Don't forget to dress up a like a pirate.

Ramen.

Priest doesnt appear in photographs? Kinda like how vampires dont appear in reflections? Coincidence, I think not.

Why would a miracle happen at a non life threatening, very mediocre type of accident when good people suffer and die horrible deaths all the time? Its so great that Religion has the easy "god works in mysterious ways" answer. Much as how alien abductions only happen to farmers or loners, miracles only happen in the bible belt where people only see what they want to see and try to not let little things like facts get in the way. Praise Allah.

So let me get this straight.

First off, god allowed the accident to happen.

God then allowed the woman to get stuck for an hour and a half, while suffering.

Then god decided to send down a priest to pray. Just then another fire truck came and rescued her.

That's a miracle?

This reminds me of this leprechaun video I saw on YouTube of a bunch of morons thinking there was a leprechaun in the trees.

All the while not making a pit stop in Africa to feed just one of the 200 million starving.

Occams Razor. A angel came and said a prayer sprinkled oil and then facilitated the womans rescue OR a priest who happened to be nearby offered the assistance he could give and when he finished left the scene allowing rescuers who had been called to the scene to do their job. Which explanation will a rational , logical mind believe?

Archived