The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

HTania

So let me get this straight.

First off, god allowed the accident to happen.

God then allowed the woman to get stuck for an hour and a half, while suffering.

Then god decided to send down a priest to pray. Just then another fire truck came and rescued her.

That's a miracle?

This reminds me of this leprechaun video I saw on YouTube of a bunch of morons thinking there was a leprechaun in the trees.

The only miracle is that people are still naive enough to buy this nonsense.

Doesn't anyone ever wonder about ancient gods, and why people stopped believing in them?

Its because they were stupid.

Wait a couple hundred years. This one will go extinct too, along with all his homosexual hating, pedophile priests.

I don't believe in God but would use priests as a platform for homophobia. I also use them as a platform for anti-women agendas.

They are archaic, conservative and regressive.

I'm all for the higher power - if it comes in the Catholic/Baptist/insert your denomination - then count me out.

I'm sick of elitist assholes telling others how to live their lives.

It's not hard you know...treat everyone as human beings and we'd all be good.

Nope.

Sin allowed this (accident, bad things, etc) to happen.

But obviously, the concept is far too difficult for people here as they resort to joking about it...etc....

As I said, believe, or not believe - but don't hate.

Let's say I had a child.

Let's say he punched a girl in the face at school. Real bad. Hurt her. Broke a bone or something. Girl is scarred for life. That's a sin, right?

So I should then lock my son in a car, drive it into the wall at high speeds, and reinforce the doors so he can't get out.

That's logical to you. This is the god you love? That's disgusting. You're insane.

Or are these sociopathic punishments only fit for a jealous, hateful god.

Im surprised at the amount of stupid and ridiculous posts in this thread. Something special happened at that moment, important enough that multiple people were affected by it. Whether one believes in God or not shouldnt really matter in this instance, should just be thankful that she was rescued and the priest gave her strength (remember, she asked for someone to pray with her, of course that would give her courage and strength at the time, since she was apparently Christian).

As for what people are saying about miracles, and how it has to be some big event that saves lives and stuff. Thats not true at all. Sometimes it can be in the smallest of ways. I think everyone can agree that for people who believe God exists, this is could be a miracle. And those those who don`t believe in God shouldnt ridicule those who do. No one is shoving anything down your throat so just relax.

And for those saying publicity stunt.... really??? What a stupid thing to say. Lets get multiple emergency rescue people in on this, same with the 70 or so people stuck in traffic who are watching, and get them all to say a random priest walked up and saved her. Lets hope they are all Christain so they will go along with this story..... :picard:

This world is full of pain and suffering, yet people still continue to have children - why? Because the number of days of joy far out weigh the few days of bad.

The God I love gave us choice.

If you really want to understand even just a little bit, read the following:

http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2012/07/why-does-god-allow-tragedy-and-suffering/

Im surprised at the amount of stupid and ridiculous posts in this thread. Something special happened at that moment, important enough that multiple people were affected by it. Whether one believes in God or not shouldnt really matter in this instance, should just be thankful that she was rescued and the priest gave her strength (remember, she asked for someone to pray with her, of course that would give her courage and strength at the time, since she was apparently Christian).

As for what people are saying about miracles, and how it has to be some big event that saves lives and stuff. Thats not true at all. Sometimes it can be in the smallest of ways. I think everyone can agree that for people who believe God exists, this is could be a miracle. And those those who don`t believe in God shouldnt ridicule those who do. No one is shoving anything down your throat so just relax.

And for those saying publicity stunt.... really??? What a stupid thing to say. Lets get multiple emergency rescue people in on this, same with the 70 or so people stuck in traffic who are watching, and get them all to say a random priest walked up and saved her. Lets hope they are all Christain so they will go along with this story..... :picard:

I understand Christianity. My girlfriend was a christian until she moved out of her parents. We talk about religion.

What does your response have to do with my question?

Why do religious folk always dodge critical thinking situations.

P's. Reading a passage by the church doesn't help me understand. It's words without any reinforced evidence.

Show me some scientific evidence.

So why is this news? Some guy claim to be a priest say some prayers to calm people down. So what, it is not like he lifted up the car by himself and pull the woman out.

And he is not seen in photos? Well not all priests wear a collar. Maybe he looked like any ordinary guy.

Archived