The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

HTania

This world is full of pain and suffering, yet people still continue to have children - why? Because the number of days of joy far out weigh the few days of bad.

The God I love gave us choice.

If you really want to understand even just a little bit, read the following:

http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2012/07/why-does-god-allow-tragedy-and-suffering/

Im surprised at the amount of stupid and ridiculous posts in this thread. Something special happened at that moment, important enough that multiple people were affected by it. Whether one believes in God or not shouldnt really matter in this instance, should just be thankful that she was rescued and the priest gave her strength (remember, she asked for someone to pray with her, of course that would give her courage and strength at the time, since she was apparently Christian).

As for what people are saying about miracles, and how it has to be some big event that saves lives and stuff. Thats not true at all. Sometimes it can be in the smallest of ways. I think everyone can agree that for people who believe God exists, this is could be a miracle. And those those who don`t believe in God shouldnt ridicule those who do. No one is shoving anything down your throat so just relax.

And for those saying publicity stunt.... really??? What a stupid thing to say. Lets get multiple emergency rescue people in on this, same with the 70 or so people stuck in traffic who are watching, and get them all to say a random priest walked up and saved her. Lets hope they are all Christain so they will go along with this story..... :picard:

Let's say I had a child.

Let's say he punched a girl in the face at school. Real bad. Hurt her. Broke a bone or something. Girl is scarred for life. That's a sin, right?

So I should then lock my son in a car, drive it into the wall at high speeds, and reinforce the doors so he can't get out.

That's logical to you. This is the god you love? That's disgusting. You're insane.

Or are these sociopathic punishments only fit for a jealous, hateful god.

That was not at all my point, I don`t really see how you extracted that out of what I said. Of course they do their jobs, and for the most part do it well. I was not talking about that at all though. Don`t know why everyone is getting so aggressive about this. Someone mentions God or Miracle, and everyone just jumps all over them and trashes their opinion and beliefs. Not really the best way to carry on what could be an interesting discussion from many different viewpoints.

This makes no sense, how do you get that kind of logic? You are either thinking of some other reilgion that I am not familiar with, or once again completely reinterpreting what people are saying. Where did Heretic say anything about that being acceptable? It is not. For someone who says they are familiar with Christainity you either have no clue about it, or are deliterately posting nonsense.

I'm thinking that you thinking that I think that the work of the emergency workers is a miracle is offensive is offensive.

There's no point in responding to you as you are set in your ways and not open to other possibilities - which is exactly what you appear to think of religious people - how ironic eh?

Did you read what I quoted? Lose the tunnel vision dude, look into the whole picture.

I responded with my analogy.

What don't you get about that?

God was punishing the girl for her "sin".

A priest came and asked god to forgive her through prayer.

God "apparently" saved her. (Just as the fire fighters came with new equipment. A MIRACLE!!)

You don't understand my point?

My child sins.

I then make him suffer until someone asks me to stop.

Get it? God has a sick sense of humour.

What I'd like to know is why something terrible has to happen before it can be a miracle.

Like, imagine she veered off into traffic, and god was like, hey, dude, lemme correct that for you, and brings her back into safety.

That would be a miracle.

Seems like this god has a serious need for attention though. First, he needs to get her trapped, and get the media involved. Second, she's gotta suffer for a long time, just to make sure she really appreciates it, all the while not questioning what's taking his lazy ass so long.

What a guy.

Here's a scenerio. One year we get such a huge abundance of food that we're literally forced to send it to third world countries all across the world, otherwise the spoils will be so immense there would be ecological damage. It's hypothetical. Don't question the hypothetical part, focus on the point, and don't site some stupid passage either.

So, we send it to the third world countries, and for once in existance there is no famine.

Is this a miracle? After thousands of years of suffering, is the abundance of food a miracle?

And if it is, doesn't that seem COMPLETELY DISGUSTING, WHEN HE'S HAD THE POWER TO DO THIS ALL ALONG?

It's time for some of you religious people to start questioning your god. Believe in him, sure, whatever makes you happy. But stop pretending like everything your god does is fine. It's sickening.

Did you read what I quoted? Lose the tunnel vision dude, look into the whole picture.

I responded with my analogy.

What don't you get about that?

God was punishing the girl for her "sin".

A priest came and asked god to forgive her through prayer.

God "apparently" saved her. (Just as the fire fighters came with new equipment. A MIRACLE!!)

You don't understand my point?

My child sins.

I then make him suffer until someone asks me to stop.

Get it? God has a sick sense of humour.

What I'd like to know is why something terrible has to happen before it can be a miracle.

Like, imagine she veered off into traffic, and god was like, hey, dude, lemme correct that for you, and brings her back into safety.

That would be a miracle.

Seems like this god has a serious need for attention though. First, he needs to get her trapped, and get the media involved. Second, she's gotta suffer for a long time, just to make sure she really appreciates it, all the while not questioning what's taking his lazy ass so long.

What a guy.

Here's a scenerio. One year we get such a huge abundance of food that we're literally forced to send it to third world countries all across the world, otherwise the spoils will be so immense there would be ecological damage. It's hypothetical. Don't question the hypothetical part, focus on the point, and don't site some stupid passage either.

So, we send it to the third world countries, and for once in existance there is no famine.

Is this a miracle? After thousands of years of suffering, is the abundance of food a miracle?

And if it is, doesn't that seem COMPLETELY DISGUSTING, WHEN HE'S HAD THE POWER TO DO THIS ALL ALONG?

It's time for some of you religious people to start questioning your god. Believe in him, sure, whatever makes you happy. But stop pretending like everything your god does is fine. It's sickening.

Here's another fun fact.

Since the bronze ages, we've had the least amount of war, and death by disease, ever.

There's also been the highest rate of global atheism, ever. It also continues to grow, larger and larger every year.

Strange correlation.

You're wrong - God wasn't punishing her for her sin.

Your famine scenario is flawed as man kind has the ability today to end world hunger - yet doesn't. Why? Is it God's fault? That's what you think and that's wrong. Besides, you don't believe in God so stop using Him as a crutch for your problems and the world's.

You don't understand a miracle at all - and that's okay - just stop wasting my time in a discussion where you are the one being closed and hiding in a tunnel.

/end of discussion

Can you just answer the question?

The next thing you post in this thread should be the answer to either of my questions. Not a reiteration of what you keep saying.

So let me get this straight.

First off, god allowed the accident to happen.

God then allowed the woman to get stuck for an hour and a half, while suffering.

Then god decided to send down a priest to pray. Just then another fire truck came and rescued her.

The emergency workers shouldn't have even done anything. They should have saw the priest do his prayer, then stepped aside and let god take over.

Example:

Let's say I had a child.

Let's say he punched a girl in the face at school. Real bad. Hurt her. Broke a bone or something. Girl is scarred for life. That's a sin, right?

So I should then lock my son in a car, drive it into the wall at high speeds, and reinforce the doors so he can't get out.

Just stick to this ^

Don't talk about something entirely irrelivant.

Talk about this.

Specifically this.

Don't talk about jesus.

Just talk about this.

Respond to each point.

Do you understand?

I don't care if the world is full of sin. JUST RESPOND TO THIS.

Can you just answer the question?

The next thing you post in this thread should be the answer to either of my questions. Not a reiteration of what you keep saying.

So let me get this straight.

First off, god allowed the accident to happen.

God allows all of us to make our own decisions and an we determine our own actions.

God then allowed the woman to get stuck for an hour and a half, while suffering.

Again god didn’t allow anything, he lets us live our own lives, and we are free to make our own decisions.

Then god decided to send down a priest to pray. Just then another fire truck came and rescued her.

Prayer is often answered

The emergency workers shouldn't have even done anything. They should have saw the priest do his prayer, then stepped aside and let god take over.

God often provides the answer. This reminds me of an old saying. A man was stranded on an island with no food or way off. A bird flew up to him and said “grab a hold of me I’ll fly you to safety”, the man replied “no thank you, god will come and save me” A few weeks later a whale swam up to him and said, “jump on my back and take you to safety” again the man replied “no thank you, god will come and save me”. Finally as the man is dying from starvation a fishing boat saw the man and when on shore, the captain said, “Sir get on my boat I’ll take you to safety” again the man replied “no thank you, god will come and save me”. A few days later with the man’s dying breath he called out, “God why didn’t you save me”. God replied, “I tried, I sent you a bird, a whale, and a boat”

Example:

Let's say I had a child.

Ok, this make absolutely no sense, I can understand why people have not responded since it has no logic behind it. First, shame on your kid hitting a girl, Second what purpose would then locking your kid in a car and driving it into the wall at high speeds serve. Are you trying to punish him or something? What does that have to do with god? Katie (the woman trapped in the car) was the result of another person driving drunk and hitting her car. God didn’t force Aaron Smith to drive drunk and have a head on, but he was present when Katie cried out for help.

Archived