The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

HTania

This makes no sense, how do you get that kind of logic? You are either thinking of some other reilgion that I am not familiar with, or once again completely reinterpreting what people are saying. Where did Heretic say anything about that being acceptable? It is not. For someone who says they are familiar with Christainity you either have no clue about it, or are deliterately posting nonsense.

You know this happens quite often, stories like this, not all make the news, but if there are news reports about Kim Kardashians’ new baby why can’t something like the make the headlines as well. My aunt and uncle were involved in a wreck very similar to this a few years ago driving their motorbike back from Whitefish, Montana. My uncle took a corner wrong while driving through the mountains, lost control, nearly went over the rail guard on the road, which would have sent them falling 100 feet over the cliff. They were both tossed from the bike and laying on the ground. My uncle suffered two compound fractures in his leg and my aunt broke a bunch or ribs, her wrist and a major concussion. They were traveling with another couple who witness everything and attempted to call 911, but unfortunately there is very pour cell service in the mountains. After the crash the second vehicle that arrived was a wildlife officer who was able to radio for help, the third vehicle on the scene was a wife and a husband who both happened to be doctors and attended both my uncle and aunt. My aunt’s heart rate was beating too fast and she was going into shock. Out of nowhere a woman appeared put her hand on my aunts head and immediately began praying and quoting scripture out load for her. My aunt describe that her pain level dropped significantly and that she felt gods presence completely surround her. The woman continued to pray until an emergency unit arrived and took both my aunt and uncle to hospital. As they were loading my aunt and uncle up the other couple wanted to thank this woman who prayed over my aunt, but like this mysterious priest he was gone. My aunt was convinced she was an angel providing strength and healing until the emergency unit arrived. My life is filled with miracles, not all with huge impact like the one mentioned above but I’m always grateful for god being on my side

You don’t have to believe in god if you don’t want your free to choose your own path in life. I may feel you’re missing out on something truly amazing but again you’re free to make your own decisions in life. If you believe there is no god, go for it, have that belief, I may disagree but all I can do is try to live my life through Christ in hopes that others will see the joy I get and if someday you (or others) feel they want to experience that joy as well I will do my best to show them the way as well. Trying to force atheism on a religious person is the same as forcing religion on an atheist. Nothing you can say will immediately change the others minds (if only it were that simple).

Don't you religious people ever just want to ask why?

Why did this happen to your aunt?

Why stop at "this happened, and let's leave it at that".

You know why scientists delve so deeply in their research? They don't just stop at "there's a universe". They seek out how the universe works, and what's happening in it, and why.

They encourage research. God's teaching encourages you to listen, and don't question any of the teachings. Don't you think that's wrong?

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of people die from starvation and disease on a daily basis in Africa. I'm still waiting for that miracle. God either doesn't care or doesn't exist because there is no excuse when you're the super genius behind the creation of the universe.

Fun fact:

Congo has the second highest rate of religious followers in the world.

Congo also has an astonishingly low life expectancy of about 55 years.

France, by statistics is considered to be one of the most atheist countries in the world.

They also have a life expectancy of 81 years.

FUN FACTS ARE FUN!

Niger (as per wikipedia) has the highest rate of religion in the world.

They've also got a 54 year life expectancy.

Kewlioz

Do you see the statistical correlations I am making?

This alone should prove praying does absolutely nothing, and giving your life to a higher power for a greater good is nothing more than a false ideology.

The woman would have been saved, prayer, or no prayer. Whether she was given strength or not due to her hallucinations is irrelevant, the fire truck would have arrived at the exact same time, and modern science, and proper training of the firemen allowed for the survival of this girl.

God, and prayer provides the same happiness that children get from Santa Clause. They listen to what they're told, you listen to what you're told, and no one has even bothered to dissect any of my scenarios, or even attempt to even touch base on them, rather ignore the fundamental purpose of them, and stray off into some irrelevant banter.

No, my purpose isn't to offend you. You take what I say offensively because you're flustered, confused, and have no real answer, other than turning into a victim.

This, among other arguments I hear, gets tiresome. As a few people have stated on here, if either side (religious or atheist) are so set in their ways, then don't bother trying to have an intelligent discussion. You don't believe in God, that's fine. However, at least understand the core concept of the religion you are bashing (in this case, I'm going to guess Christianity). The world isn't perfect, and the point of the world isn't for God to end famine or step in and make sure life on Earth is easy and everyone gets to walk down the street with a barrel full of money with the perfect spouse without fear of getting murdered. If that's what you think religion is and how you think "God" (whichever you are thinking of) works, then you are missing the point.

It proves that religion has no positive impact on the likelihood of survival, yet people assert that praying will indeed, hence the original post.

You didn't see where I was going with that?

Sorry you don't like my light take on this hilarious thread.

Ps it's a fun fact. Not facts are fun.

Don't question me otherwise I'll talk about something irrelevant and play victim.

Hate? You've seen HATE in people's posts? Sure you're not exaggerating maybe just a little? But who am I say, someone that believes a priest disappearing is a miracle wouldn't be prone to stretching things, now would they?

A kid in class says 2 + 2 = 8, who are any of us to say different? It's like, his opinion, right? If he really believes it strongly enough, I suppose we should just leave it be. Of course, that example can easily be discarded as "a bad analogy", and maybe it is. But if someone at the scene of this accident went on to praise Zeus and sacrifice a bull in his honour, you'd probably think the guy was a little nuts. Just a little. And that, my friend, is no different than believing in any other Magic Sky Man.

It proves that religion has no positive impact on the likelihood of survival, yet people assert that praying will indeed, hence the original post.

You didn't see where I was going with that?

Sorry you don't like my light take on this hilarious thread.

Ps it's a fun fact. Not facts are fun.

Don't question me otherwise I'll talk about something irrelevant and play victim.

First of all, i was referring to:

Secondly, no I stopped reading at "kewlioz" which is my mistake but then again it would've saved me the time. But "Don't question me otherwise I'll talk about something irrelevant and play victim." just says it all. Flashes of sharpshooter's crap side. At least he could at least present his statements and thoughts somewhat formally. My point is you are convincing no one with that kind of attitude - if you want to have a chance at changing peoples thoughts, ideas, or get a decent response from them.

Archived