The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mysterious priest performs miracle at site of Mercedes crash

HTania

Hate? You've seen HATE in people's posts? Sure you're not exaggerating maybe just a little? But who am I say, someone that believes a priest disappearing is a miracle wouldn't be prone to stretching things, now would they?

A kid in class says 2 + 2 = 8, who are any of us to say different? It's like, his opinion, right? If he really believes it strongly enough, I suppose we should just leave it be. Of course, that example can easily be discarded as "a bad analogy", and maybe it is. But if someone at the scene of this accident went on to praise Zeus and sacrifice a bull in his honour, you'd probably think the guy was a little nuts. Just a little. And that, my friend, is no different than believing in any other Magic Sky Man.

And for those saying publicity stunt.... really??? What a stupid thing to say. Lets get multiple emergency rescue people in on this, same with the 70 or so people stuck in traffic who are watching, and get them all to say a random priest walked up and saved her. Lets hope they are all Christain so they will go along with this story..... :picard:

To disregard what people believe is being disrespectful. Just because people believe in a higher power or believe in a man that flies around the world giving out presents, why is it up to you and others to tell them they are crazy?

The analogy 2 + 2 = 8 is horrible because there is proof that it is wrong. You can't prove to anyone that higher power is not watching over them.

If someone did sacrifice a bull in the name of Zeus after, I might think it's strange, yes. Does that mean I should go to that person and say they are crazy and that they are wasting their time? What gives me that right?

Why does it hurt anyone that someone prays or gets motivation from believing in something?

To disregard what people believe is being disrespectful. Just because people believe in a higher power or believe in a man that flies around the world giving out presents, why is it up to you and others to tell them they are crazy?

The analogy 2 + 2 = 8 is horrible because there is proof that it is wrong. You can't prove to anyone that higher power is not watching over them.

If someone did sacrifice a bull in the name of Zeus after, I might think it's strange, yes. Does that mean I should go to that person and say they are crazy and that they are wasting their time? What gives me that right?

Why does it hurt anyone that someone prays or gets motivation from believing in something?

Another thread where athiests and religion folk agree on the end point but still yell at each other because they disagree on the process of how it was reached even though no one will change sides and it counts for nothing.

I am just going to chalk this up as a win and go read some comics on the toilet.

#livintheagnosticdream

Statement from 'mystery priest' (or was it angel?) Rev. Patrick Dowling:

"I had Mass in Ewing MO as the regular priest was sick. As I was returning, I arrived at the scene. The authorities were redirecting traffic. I waited till it was possible to drive up closer. I parked behind a large vehicle about 150 yards from the scene. I asked the Sheriff's permission and approached the scene of the accident. I absolved and anointed Katie, and, at her request, prayed that her leg would not hurt. Then I stepped aside to where some rescue personnel and the pilot were waiting, and prayed the rosary silently. I left when the helicopter was about to take off, and before I got to my car it was on its way to Quincy. I was amazed at the calmness of the two Highway patrol men. The sergeant was completely in control, amazingly calm. Everybody worked as harmoniously as a Swiss watch despite the critical nature of the scene. I gave my name to one of the authorities, perhaps to the sergeant of Highway Patrol, explaining that I was returning having celebrated Mass at Ewing. It was the sergeant who, at the Sheriff's request, gave me Katie's name as I was leaving, so I could visit her in hospital-I assumed she would be taken to Columbia. I think there may have been angels there too and, in this context, I congratulate the fire team from New London and Hannibal, the Sheriff/deputies of Ralls County, the Highway Patrol personnel, the helicopter team, the nurses and all who worked so professionally. God has blessed your work. I hope the credit goes where it is due."

So...because of a few questionable passages, you throw away the whole book?

Do you do the same with other books?

What about people? The same? You don't like 1 thing about someone and you throw them away?

BTW, the Bible doesn't "preach" - people do and bad people "preach" on the hate.

Statement from 'mystery priest' (or was it angel?) Rev. Patrick Dowling:

While there may have been angels there, according to the vanishing angel-turned real-life priest, he still gives credit to the humans who performed the actual rescue.

Not sure how this got reported as a miracle in the first place. "Believe!" Believe that people in Missoura are quick to claim that ho-hum incidents involving a car accident and a priest are in fact miracles? Yeah, i believe that.

Lol your name is quite different than what you post. I just have a question for you was religion something that you recently found? because I thought not too long ago you posted a similar stance to those who you are now posting to.

Archived