The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Mike Gillis have a bad reputation around the league?

hyrule

I feel he does.

There was talk about how him being a player agent before a GM caused him to get a bad reputation around the league with certain GM's..

I feel Tallon is the only GM he has a good reputation with hence why the Canucks deal with them so often.

Could his lack of trading of recent (ignoring the Schneider trade) reflect on the fact that GMs don't want to deal with him?

How about free agents? Do some of them have some negative experiences or have been told some negative things about Gillis from their former GMs that they don't want to sign here because of it?

It is a question I will always want to know the answer to but I don't think you can get factual evidence of it unless someone speaks out but it's just something I noticed..

What do you think?

Fair point but what if Gillis is approaching another GM for a trade? Does the other team ask for nothing but vast over payments or do they try and make a fair trade with him? He hasn't won a lot of deals he's had here except for the Booth one with Florida.

There was talk about how him being a player agent before a GM caused him to get a bad reputation around the league with certain GM's..

I feel Tallon is the only GM he has a good reputation with hence why the Canucks deal with them so often.

Could his lack of trading of recent (ignoring the Schneider trade) reflect on the fact that GMs don't want to deal with him?

Fair point but what if Gillis is approaching another GM for a trade? Does the other team ask for nothing but vast over payments or do they try and make a fair trade with him? He hasn't won a lot of deals he's had here except for the Booth one with Florida.

Archived