The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If it was possible and you had the choice, would you have kept Erhoff and move Edler instead?

TheMohammadman

If you had the choice, would you have kept Erhoff instead of Edler?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neither moment is one to be proud of if you are Edler, the Canucks, or a Canucks fan. Hitting Smith was just lazy and stupid and the Staal thing was reckless.

We do not need players who do that so using them as an example of Edler over Ehrhoff does not make much sense to me.

No.

Edler is cheaper, younger, can play more physical, as good offensive, if not better.

Ehrhoff said he wanted to stay. Unfortunately Buffalo gave him a front loaded contract. Even though we gave the same AAV, he went with them.

Lol @ the 2 people who voted to Keep Edler & remove Hamhuis

The Sedins haven't been the same since Ehrhoff left, and vice-versa. You can't win a Stanley Cup without a defenseman who can move the puck, and Vancouver has proven that with a phenomenal 1 playoff win in 2 years.

It's not the losing Ehrhoff part that hurts Vancouver, it's the not replacing part. Gillis still hasn't figured it out and until he does, Vancouver doesn't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

The Sedins haven't been the same since Ehrhoff left, and vice-versa. You can't win a Stanley Cup without a defenseman who can move the puck, and Vancouver has proven that with a phenomenal 1 playoff win in 2 years.

It's not the losing Ehrhoff part that hurts Vancouver, it's the not replacing part. Gillis still hasn't figured it out and until he does, Vancouver doesn't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

I would argue the loss of Salo hurt their production just as much. If you look at almost every scoring play on the powerplay from 2011-12 Salo is involved in some way almost every time.

If we have Edler and Salo the Sedins would be fine. But the fact is Edler is the only puck mover we have left. Garrison is good in the offensive zone, but I think he lacks the creativity and ability to break into the zone that Salo had.

It sucks because we could probably afford to have Salo on this team right now if we didn't let him go. Even at his age he's an upgrade over guys like Weber or Tanev.

The Sedins were well over a point per game and both won the art ross in the two years that Ehrhoff played here. After he left in 2011, they both struggled and finished under a point per game.

I agree that the loss of Salo the year after was huge as well.

No, but they should have moved Edler at the draft this year, when other teams were apparently making decent offers, and before his NTC kicked in.

I like Edler, but I'm concerned his back may never be 100%. Another season as bad as this one, he'll have much less trade value, assuming he'll even waive the NTC.

Edler will shut all you Edler-haters up!

He's a great defender and will continue to be a great defender for many years to come. I hope we don't trade him, cause he's the real deal.

Ehrhoff is also a very good defender, in an optimal situation, we would have kept both, both considering Ehrhoffs contract, we had to let him go... and we better hope we dont let Edler go... he is and will continue to be Canucks #1 defender.

No, but they should have moved Edler at the draft this year, when other teams were apparently making decent offers, and before his NTC kicked in.

I like Edler, but I'm concerned his back may never be 100%. Another season as bad as this one, he'll have much less trade value, assuming he'll even waive the NTC.

Both Edler and Ehrhoff would help the team in different ways, but I'd still take Edler. He just seems to be more of a complete package.

The only advantage of Ehrhoff is the puck movement (albeit a big advantage in the playoffs). Howeever, I've never really heard people say our defense is immobile since Ehrhoff's departure either, so it's not like we're completely lacking in that department. :)

Archived