The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Trade In Canucks History

Mangoes

think larger picture... best trade for us was getting greg adams and kirk mclean from the devils... helped formed that magical run to the cup finals in 1994.... or actually getting erhoff for next to nothing really, really helped us in d in the 2011 cup run....

In my opinion, the three most beneficial trades in our franchises history are as follows:

1. The trade to land the second overall draft pick to draft both the Sedins 2nd and 3rd overall in 1999.

2. The Trade for Naslund in exchange for Stojanov in 1996.

3. The trade for Luongo, Krajiec and a 6th rounder (Shirokov)in exchange for Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld in 2004.

wow you guys really show your knowledge of trades.... pat quinn pulled off one of the most lop sided trades not just in canucks history but hockey history.....garth butcher and dann quinn for G Courtnall , robert dirk, sergio momesso , and cliff ronning.. ... or how about the rights to craig janney for jeff brown, brett hedican and nathan layfayette

the first trade i mentioned helped the canucks right away and they were in the finals 2 years later.... did that happen with the nazzy trade? or sedins? or Lu? nope.

wow you guys really show your knowledge of trades.... pat quinn pulled off one of the most lop sided trades not just in canucks history but hockey history.....garth butcher and dann quinn for G Courtnall , robert dirk, sergio momesso , and cliff ronning.. ... or how about the rights to craig janney for jeff brown, brett hedican and nathan layfayette

the first trade i mentioned helped the canucks right away and they were in the finals 2 years later.... did that happen with the nazzy trade? or sedins? or Lu? nope.

Archived