The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadian Lacrosse Sim League (1 team left)

SOB for MVP

I'll be offering scouting reports periodically through the season, as well as a preseason/mid/end of season ranking

Will this be the same as STHS in a way where players will have individual attributes for different things (shooting, passing, defense)? Or will we get to know overalls?

Will this be the same as STHS in a way where players will have individual attributes for different things (shooting, passing, defense)? Or will we get to know overalls?

Im actually leaning towards allowing overalls to be shown. And yes, it will be like STHS with all the different attributes

Just a timeline for you guys

Lax and I have to create, rate, and input a minimum of 260 players before we can begin.

We are each going to attempt to rate at least 20 players a day, but that is easier said than done.

We are looking at a start roughly two weeks from now.

Once we get two more teams filled, I will consider opening trades, but I am sure most of you will want to wait until players are rated.

Couple things to note as we go through player creation: There will be a salary cap, which is being finalized between SOB and I, as well as player max salaries. This is put in to keep teams competitive as IRL some teams buy stacked teams. This means some teams will start the season over the salary cap and will need to make moves to be compliant.

Also, we need some free agents for depth (and possible expansion teams next year) so if anyone knows of players that played WLA, MSL or NLL recently (past 3 years or so) let us know and we will try to include them in the game.

Got back today from a 4 day vacation, will continue ratings tomorrow with a goal of having them done by the weekend.

To wet your appetite though, scouting reports for the draft will be available periodically throughout the season, probably during times when school is light for me. Expect preliminary, midterm and final rankings, as well as 3 sets of detailed scouting reports of about 5 guys each time to give you more info on potential draft picks. I feel this is important as many gm's aren't too informed on lacrosse, and more info should allow for a more active draft, which just benefits the league that much more.

Archived