The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most likely to get traded in upcoming years; Sedins or Kesler?

Canuckler87

By no means am I suggesting we trade the twins or kes for this year or even the year after for that matter. However, there will come a time when guys like Horvat & Gaunce will be on the verge of being "go to guys" & will demand playing time as such. Which veteran center do we move then? Obviously if Hank goes, we lose Daniel as well.

By that time, what will their value on the market even be? Certainly not as high as it is now. A lot of you will dread even thinking about such a day where we have to part with one of our two star centers but to make way for the future we must. Because realistically, our top four centers can't be Sedin, Kesler, Horvat & Gaunce.

So my question for you is, who do you see as most likely to get traded to make way for a changing of the guard, Sedins or Kesler? I would rather a trade than lose them for nothing. Part of me wishes to see them retire here but in the cap world, you have to get assets back in order to keep your team elite.

It's impossible for us to replace the top line players that are the Sedin twins. Kesler's two-way game can be replaced to some degree, and his points will be easier to replace than the ones that the twins post.

I don't think neither. But out of the 3 Kesler would be the one to leave.

Kind of off topic but I think we might see what happened in SJ, Sedins will go into secondary scoring while Horvat, Kassian, Shinkaruk, Jensen move into the first, 2nd line.

Archived