The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Today I had to say goodbye to my little guy.  It was sudden and unexpected.  

His brother cat can't wait to see him 

Damn

Saddest thing I read today.  so sorry for your loss.

My dog is almost 19 years old and the thoughts that creep in are tough, can't imagine what you're going through.

Hang in there.

:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Lost my last dog 15 years ago.

Up until that point I had dogs all my life.

She was a big mastiff and made 16.

I was so gutted I have not been able to bring myself to get another dog.

My son wants a dog and I believe that he should grow up with one so I am going to get one sooner than later.

It's tough.  My partner and I will no doubt adopt again because there are so many unwanted animals out there-we enjoy putting the time in for these dogs (not to sound preachy/I know it's not for everyone). 

That's great your considering a dog again and I bet your son will love every minute of it!

Edited by Angry Goose
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

It's tough.  My partner and I will no doubt adopt again because there are so many unwanted animals out there-we enjoy putting the time in for these dogs (not to sound preachy/I know it's not for everyone). 

That's great your considering a dog again and I bet your son will love every minute of it!

Because of Covid there has been a "rush" on people both buying pups/dogs and getting rescued animals.

That combined with the fact that we have been in lockdown so much,in our 5th total lockdown ATM,dogs have been hard to find.

Anyway my thoughts are with you,not many human being's give you what your guy did, unconditional love.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Thanks 1
On 7/26/2021 at 6:05 AM, Ilunga said:

Lost my last dog 15 years ago.

Up until that point I had dogs all my life.

She was a big mastiff and made 16.

I was so gutted I have not been able to bring myself to get another dog.

My son wants a dog and I believe that he should grow up with one so I am going to get one sooner than later.

Dogs need people like you.

Go get one for you and your boy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Angry Goose said:

Today I had to say goodbye to my little guy.  It was sudden and unexpected.  

His brother cat can't wait to see him 

593469722.jpg

Oh that's heartbreaking...what an incredibly cute lil friend.  My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

May he fly high over that rainbow bridge.  <3

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/dave-bautista-adopts-horribly-abused-puppy-offers-5k-reward-for-information-on-dog-s-sick-piece-of-s-t-abuser/ar-AAOOrLs?ocid=msedgntp

Dave Bautista has a new addition to his family, a three-month-old puppy with a horrific past.

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" star took to Instagram to introduce the pup to his 3.6 million followers, revealing the animal had suffered "horrific abuse" before being abandoned and left for dead, luckily being found and taken to an animal shelter.

The dog — originally known as Sage before Bautista renamed her — received medical care for wounds suffered due to a chain that had been so tightly wrapped around the animal's neck that it had embedded in the skin, requiring surgery to remove.

Bautista is also seeking to find those responsible for abusing Penny and hold them responsible for their crimes.

“ATTN Tampa Bay: I will personally hand $5000 cash to the person who gives information leading to the arrest and conviction of the sick piece of s**t responsible for this,” he wrote in his post. “If you know anything please contact @humanesocietytampabay or @safek9.”

Bautista was quickly deluged with support. Actor Mickey Rourke offered an addition $1,000, while a Tampa Bay law firm offered to match Bautista's $5,000.

In a video he subsequently posted on Instagram, Bautista admitted there were no “solid leads” yet, but he remained hopeful.

In the meantime, he publicly welcomed Penny to the family.

“The puppy you know as Sage today became Penny Bautista,” he declared. “I’d like to introduce you to the newest member of my family… she is now a Bautista, and she will never be abused again in her life.”

• Vintage 1
  • 3 weeks later...