The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Post Yo Pet Thread...

Rate this topic

nux4lyfe

28 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Today I had to say goodbye to my little guy.  It was sudden and unexpected.  

His brother cat can't wait to see him 

593469722.jpg

Sorry to hear it. It’s never an easy thing to do. I hope your little guy has a blast on the other side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

593469722.jpg

What a handsome little man.

Very sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Damn

Saddest thing I read today.  so sorry for your loss.

My dog is almost 19 years old and the thoughts that creep in are tough, can't imagine what you're going through.

Hang in there.

:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Lost my last dog 15 years ago.

Up until that point I had dogs all my life.

She was a big mastiff and made 16.

I was so gutted I have not been able to bring myself to get another dog.

My son wants a dog and I believe that he should grow up with one so I am going to get one sooner than later.

It's tough.  My partner and I will no doubt adopt again because there are so many unwanted animals out there-we enjoy putting the time in for these dogs (not to sound preachy/I know it's not for everyone). 

That's great your considering a dog again and I bet your son will love every minute of it!

Edited by Angry Goose
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

It's tough.  My partner and I will no doubt adopt again because there are so many unwanted animals out there-we enjoy putting the time in for these dogs (not to sound preachy/I know it's not for everyone). 

That's great your considering a dog again and I bet your son will love every minute of it!

Because of Covid there has been a "rush" on people both buying pups/dogs and getting rescued animals.

That combined with the fact that we have been in lockdown so much,in our 5th total lockdown ATM,dogs have been hard to find.

Anyway my thoughts are with you,not many human being's give you what your guy did, unconditional love.

Edited by Ilunga
On 7/26/2021 at 6:05 AM, Ilunga said:

My son wants a dog and I believe that he should grow up with one so I am going to get one sooner than later.

Dogs need people like you.

Go get one for you and your boy. 

• Thanks 1
On 7/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Angry Goose said:

593469722.jpg

Oh that's heartbreaking...what an incredibly cute lil friend.  My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

May he fly high over that rainbow bridge.  <3

• Thanks 1
On 7/26/2021 at 6:05 AM, Ilunga said:

I followed this same path.

My girl was 16 when she left and she was my very best friend.  Through an incredibly difficult marital break up, she was the only "property" I cared about.  I actually took her to my Dad's to hide her so she'd stay with me (and the kids).   She had a stroke and the last 2 years were really difficult, but she was loved enough to see her through.

I'll never forget that night it all fell apart...we'd been out at the mountain and came home to her totally off balance.  Then seemingly having seizures as she couldn't stand.  Rushed up the road to the ER clinic that closed at 6 (it was 5:59)...banged on the door and the vet, who lived upstairs, came down and let us in.  Saved her life.  My friend came to visit me/her at the animal hospital and I heard her say "Deb's here?  Where?".  I'd crawled into her cage beside her to comfort her.  She got two more years with us after that stroke.  When she left us, it was a huge hole as the kids had never not had her there.  It was a crushing blow.

I, like you, just couldn't.

Until my daughter went through a really rough patch and BEGGED for a friend (pet).  Which is how we ended up with our bunny.  We just lost him last year so the heartache is very real/fresh again.  Ten years with the little guy and now that emptiness is back.

I feel your pain....it fades, but never really goes away.  I hope you do get another...as said, some lucky dog will hit the jackpot with you.

This was my girl (lab/border collie cross).  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 3
  • 4 weeks later...